Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Underground arcade around Umeda, Osaka 2014/6/10 21:09
Hello,
I want to know if it is possible to walk from north side Umeda (Midosuji Line) (eq from Hotel New hankyu) and walk through underground arcade to Higashi-Umeda.
Because I think , I should pass ticket gate for Midosuji Line, should it be charged to just go in and go out from ticket gate.
Thanks for all your help
Regards,
Jimny
by Jimny (guest)  

Re: Underground arcade around Umeda, Osaka 2014/6/12 12:53
The underground area is well signed. You should have no problems.
by fmj rate this post as useful

Re: Underground arcade around Umeda, Osaka 2014/6/12 22:14
from Hotel New Hankyu to Higashi-Umeda subway station.
Hotel New Hankyu 1st floor - go to the east to Kinokuni-ya book store entrance - go south - moving walk (ground escalators) - the east side of Hankyu department store (between Hankyu Grand building and Hankyu department store) - you can see the entrance to the underground Whity Umeda - Higashi-Umeda station. may take 5-10mins.
that is a common path used by many local people.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Underground arcade around Umeda, Osaka 2014/6/12 22:35
Thanks fmj and Ken for you reply and share
Regards
by Jimny (guest) rate this post as useful

Going through a subway station 2014/6/12 22:40
should it be charged to just go in and go out from ticket gate.

Basically yes.

Osaka Municipal subway does not seem to issue admission tickets. I suppose those who do not have a subway ride are expected to take a route outside ticket gates.

For your information:
An IC transportation card (ICOCA, PiTaPa or so) cannot work as an admission ticket. If you have entered the railroad with an IC card and try to exit it in the same station with that IC card, you are rejected by a gate machine at the exit gate.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread