Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Meitetsu Nagoya & JR Nagoya station transfer 2014/6/13 20:04
Meitetsu Nagoya and JR Nagoya stations – are these stations connected underground or street level

I will be arriving Meitetsu Nagoya station from the airport using uSky train. From the maps, it appears these 2 stations are not connected underground and has to walk at street level from Meitetsu Nagoya to JR Nagoya station (through Marriott / Takashimaya side at Sakura-dori entrance). Can someone who is familiar with this area help to confirm?

In addition, I need to buy tickets (in advance, for departure after 3 days) for Wide Hida train from Takayama-Nagoya and shinkansen from Nagoya-Tokyo. Are both ticket types sold at the JR ticket office (near the JR Information Centre / shinkansen entrance gate) ?
by dsim  

Re: Meitetsu Nagoya & JR Nagoya station transfer 2014/6/14 19:10
Your research and information is correct. The transfer from Meitetsu to JR is well signed, and straightforward.It is at street level (not underground) and it is easy to follow the signage to the JR ticket office.
You will be able to reserve your Wide View Hida tickets without difficulty; if you can, go Green Car: in the front car, you can see through the front of the train: it is a superb ride.
Stress not, and enjoy.

by fmj rate this post as useful

Re: Meitetsu Nagoya & JR Nagoya station transfer 2014/6/14 20:28
Can someone who is familiar with this area help to confirm?

I seldom make a stopover in Nagoya, but I can say you can exit Meitetsu through West Ticket Gate on the 1st basement and go up one of the two nearby staircases which lead to Sakura-dori entrance on the ground of Nagoya Station of JR-Central.
In Nagoya Station, there are two JR ticket offices along Central Walkway.
- Map of Nagoya Station of JR
http://english.jr-central.co.jp/info/station/_img/nagoya_L.jpg

By the way, Airport Rapid Limited Express of Meitetsu is called mu-sky; precisely "mu" should be the 12th Greek alphabet (pronounced mew) in a lower case, which looks like "u" of Roman alphabet.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Meitetsu Nagoya & JR Nagoya station transfer 2014/6/15 21:01
thank you!
by dsim rate this post as useful

reply to this thread