Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hanzomon station to Akihabara and Shibuya 2014/6/15 17:46
Hi,
Please advise from Hanzomon
Station to Akihabara, shibuya, Shinjuku and Mt Fuji which lines shall we take?? Need to transfer?? Can use JR pass for all??
Angela SG
by angela (guest)  

Re: Hanzomon station to Akihabara and Shibuya 2014/6/16 11:48
1. Hanzomon station

Hanzomon station is a subway station, so you cannot use JR pass there and need to buy a ticket. If you go from Hanzomon to Akihabara, you will buy a ticket to Kinshi-cho. Take the Hanzomon Line and change at Kinshi-cho station to JR Sobu Line. You can use JR pass from Kinshi-cho to Akihabara.

2. Akihabara to Shibuya, Shinjuku

These stations are on JR Yamanote Line, so you can use JR pass and don't need to transfer.

3. Mt. Fuji

If you take trains from Shinjuku to Mt. Fuji, you need to change trains at least 2 times and cannot use JR pass for all the trains. I recommend to take a bus, because you can go straight to Mt Fuji, no transfer.
by mikian rate this post as useful

Re: Hanzomon station to Akihabara and Shibuya 2014/6/16 12:17
JR Pass is usable.
by Joshua Hugh rate this post as useful

Re: Hanzomon station to Akihabara and Shibuya 2014/6/16 14:51
The shortest path to go to Akihabara from Hanzomon Station is as follows.

Hanzomon Line
Hanzomon St. - Kudanshita St.

Toei Shinjuku Line
Kudanshita St. - Iwamotocho St.

Walk about 5 minutes
Iwamotocho St. - Akihabara Area
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/%EF%BC%A1%EF%BC%92%EF%BC%88%E9%A0%88%E...
by passby168 rate this post as useful

Re: Hanzomon station to Akihabara and Shibuya 2014/6/16 16:43
Hi,
Thanks alot given me some advised.
Btw Mikian could you advise me where yo take bus directly to Mt fuji..??

Should I need to buy JR pass and PASMO card as I knew 7 days JR pass can save some of transport money. How about PASMO. ..?!

Thanks in aadvance
Angela SG
by AngelaSG (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: your questions 2014/6/17 03:28
Some pieces of detailed information are needed...

from Hanzomon Station to Akihabara, Shibuya, Shinjuku and Mt. Fuji

Which of the four would you visit before heading back to Hanzomon Station? Or, would you make a roundtrip to each of the four?

Which area around Mt. Fuji do you have in mind? Lake Kawaguchiko?
Do you plan to simply watch Mt. Fuji or also climb it? If the latter, when will you travel?

Should I need to buy JR pass and PASMO card?
7 days JR pass can save some of transport money

In order to make a 7-day nationwide Japan Rail Pass pay off, you need to have one or a few other long-distance JR rides.
(The above three posters are not saying whether a JR pass can result in cost-saving for you.)

An IC transportation card (such as a PASMO Card) is not a rail pass. It does not give you a discount in particular, but it can save your time and trouble on handling cash and paper tickets for each short-distance train or bus ride.
If you are not familiar with an IC transportation card, please check "Basic Use" in the following article.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2359_003.html

[Hanzomon Station to Shinjuku Highway Bus Terminal]

I recommend you would check in advance your route to the highway bus terminal when you book your bus and purchase your bus tickets.

Hanzomon (Z-05)
--[Tokyo Metro subway Hanzomon Line]--
Track 4: (Z-06) Kudanshita --transfer (#1)-- Kudanshita (S-05): Track 5
http://www.tokyometro.jp/station/kudanshita/yardmap/images/yardmap.gif
--[Toei subway Shinjuku Line: Local (#2)]--
(S-01) Shinjuku: Exit 3 --walking (#3)-- Shinjuku Highway Bus Terminal.

(#1) As you see in the map, the two platforms adjoin, and no gate is between them.
(#2) Express trains on Toei subway Shinjuku Line skip Kudanshita Station.
(#3) You walk along the avenue (on your right) for about 120 meters. Passing by a "NTT docomo" logo on your left, you soon find an entrance to Yodobashi Camera. The ticket office of the highway bus terminal is in the same building. The counter for tickets of buses departing on another day is on the upper floor and open from 9:00 to 20:00.

[Hanzomon Sta. to Akihabara Sta. by subway]

You can take the route shown below.
Exit 3 of subway Akihabara Station is near Showa-dori Gate of Akihabara Station of JR.
If you head to Akihabara Electric Town, itfs a bit away from subway Iwamotocho Station.
http://akiba.or.jp/town/img/akibaAstyle83_map.pdf

Hanzomon (Z-05)
--[Hanzomon Line (#4)]--
Track 4: (Z-06) Kudanshita (#5) (T-07): Track 1 (#6)
--[Tozai Line]--
Track 3: (T-11) Kayabacho (H-12): Track 2 (#6)
--[Hibiya Line]--
(H-15) Akihabara: Exit 3.

(#4) Taking this train at a car near its head, you can be close to the way for Track 1 in Kudanshita.
(#5) Here you should exit Hanzomon Line and enter Tozai line, each through a gate.
(#6) You had better pay attention to the track number, because here platforms differ by directions.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Hanzomon station to Akihabara and Shibuya 2014/6/17 10:28
Thank you so much for the info...I try to figure out...
We have 7 days in Tokyo, for my 2 girls wishes just go around explore and to get their Anime stuff from Akihabara, Shibuya, Harajuku,Tokyo.
For the Mt Fuji we will stay 1 night at kawaguchiko hotel and is near the Kawaguchiko train station will celebrate Christmas there...
My 2 girls just want to see the snow and play with it.No skiing.
I just confused from Hanzomon station to those place we want to go.

ANGELA SG
by Angela SG (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hanzomon station to Akihabara and Shibuya 2014/6/18 11:11
Hanzomon station might be inconvenient to go anywhere. Akihabara is near Hanzomon, but it is hard for tourists to go by train(subway). I think all the routes above are available for you.

If you stay at a hotel near the Kawaguchiko station, it might be better to go by train. Anyway, you need to buy tickets to go around Mt.Fuji. JR pass is not enough.
by mikian rate this post as useful

Re: Hanzomon station to Akihabara and Shibuya 2014/6/18 22:11
Thank you so much for all the info.
AngelaSG
by AngelaSG (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hanzomon station to Akihabara and Shibuya 2014/6/20 17:52
Are you planning to go around Akihabara alone?
I am asking you because Akihabara has so many hidden shops, so if you are not familiar with the place it is might not be easy for you to find good stores.

I went there alone at first, looking for some anime goods I wanted to buy, but failed.
So I just booked a deep-Akihabara tour.
This tour guide, Gamme, knows everything about Akihabara. She also helped me finding the stuff I wanted. I really recommend this tour.

https://www.govoyagin.com/activities/a-deep-akihabara-tour/495

by Tiffany (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread