Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sumo, where to sit? 2014/6/21 19:29
Hello, myself and two friends are planning on going to the sumo wrestling in Nagoya this July, we are travelling on an absolute budget.

We are wondering whether the arena/western seats offer a perfectly good view or we should definitely pay extra to sit in a cushioned box. Remember we want to spend less, though if paying extra is worth the money then please do say.

Cheers
by Rudisha  

Re: Sumo, where to sit? 2014/6/22 00:41
You can sit up close, even with a cheap ticket, earlier in the day. Most of the spectators don't arrive until the Juryo bouts begin so you will have to move back then. Of course, you won't be able to see the top-ranked rikishi up close, but if you are on a tight budget...

http://traveljapanblog.com/wordpress/tag/sumo/page/5/
by rpcman (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sumo, where to sit? 2014/6/22 08:17
I went to the Nagoya tournament in July, 2012. We (wife, two kids, and me) shared a family box. This is a discounted box which will accomodate up to four people, if at least one of the party is under 16, or over 59. Don't know if that applies to you. It costs about 26,000 yen, which is more than arena seats, but less than the premium boxes. Our view was excellent.

One other point, if you're not flexible enough to sit on a hard surface (with a zabuton) for a long period of time, I'd think twice about getting a box. My family is not unfit, but we had some major discomfort, sitting for the two to three hours we were there! It is a little bit of a pain to get up and put your shoes on to stretch your legs in between matches.

Dale
by Oenophile Angler rate this post as useful

Re: Sumo, where to sit? 2014/6/22 13:34
A "Non-Reserved Chair B" is the cheapest seat at Nagoya Sumo Tournament for 2,900 Yen per seat. The ticket for this seat is only available on the match day(Day ticket ONLY). The Reserved Chair is from 3,300 Yen per seat.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread