Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Himeji Castle Status July 2014 2014/6/22 10:16
Hi,
I am planning on visiting Himeji on the 22nd of July. I have had a look at this link: http://www.city.himeji.lg.jp/s60/2851146/_21909/siro-weekly-photo.html and it seems that towards mid-July most of the castle will be visible again. Could somebody who has been there very recently or will be there soon report on whether it makes sense to go to Himeji on a daytrip from Kyoto in Mid-July? We are going to see Nagoya castle, when we re going for a Sumo Match, so if the castle is still under heavy construction, then I would rather save it for a future Japan Trip.
Thank you all very much in advance

Dania
by Dania (guest)  

Re: Himeji Castle Status July 2014 2014/6/22 12:32
I don't understand... you've basically answered your own question by posting that link. That is what the castle will look like in mid-July. Is it worth it to you? That doesn't look like "heavy construction" to me, as the main part of the castle is already visible going by the pictures posted this month, but I guess it differs per person.

Personally, I enjoyed going to Himeji last year while the castle was under construction to see the roof. I'd go, but that's just me.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Himeji Castle Status July 2014 2014/6/22 13:09
Finally! Found someone else who actually liked seeing a castle under construction. And like seeing the roof up close.
by Joshua Hugh rate this post as useful

Re: Himeji Castle Status July 2014 2014/6/22 19:12
Joshua, you liked it too, nice! Everyone was complaining about it, but I thought it was an awesome opportunity! I got to go to the top and not only see the workers constructing the roof up close, but actually got to look down on it and see the kawara and shachi! I thought it was so neat!

by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

reply to this thread