Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Advice trains on Tokyo-Narita airport route 2014/6/23 19:52
Hi there,

Apology if my questions posed here had been asked before. I was not able to find similar reply from this forum. I am travelling with my family (including 3 kids) to Osaka-Tokyo in Dec 2014. I hope to plan for the possible most economical transportation route. My family will travel from Osaka to Tokyo via Shinkansen and stay in Tokyo for 4 days before catching a flight from Narita airport in the evening on the last day. I have yet to book any accommodation in Tokyo. My questions are:
1) Are Shinagawa and Tokyo Stations the only 2 stations where Shinkansen train stopped in Tokyo city?
2) Where should I stayed for my accommodation in order to have easy access to the train to Narita airport? With 3 kids and luggage with us, we hope to stay at a reasonable price hotel within walking distance to the station so as to catch the train to airport.
3) Is stopping at Shinagawa Station by Shinkansen and departing for Narita Airport via Nex train the most convenient? However the one way Nex fare to airport seems pretty high on the side.
4) Is there any trains on JR Sobu line that depart from Shinagawa Station to Narita airport? This train fare is half less than Nex fare, although the duration is longer than Nex train.
Hope some experienced users here can give me some advice for my planning. Appreciate the helps. Thank you.
by Mary (guest)  

Re: Advice trains on Tokyo-Narita airport route 2014/6/24 08:52
Best place to stay is the Shinagawa Prince Hotel 5minutes across the road from the station and trains from this station go EVERWEAR (dont forget to go to Kamakura its just 40 minutes away) and IMO catch the bus from the hotel to airport its so easy and the hotel will look after you luggage when you check out and your luggage will be put on the bus for you when you leave.
by diviva rate this post as useful

Re: Advice trains on Tokyo-Narita airport route 2014/6/24 09:12
Yes, there are options for going direct from Shinagawa to Narita Airport by local train only, both with JR and other companies (Keikyu/Toeo/Keisei). Just uncheck the "Limited Express" box in Hyperdia to eliminate the Narita Express, and you will see them.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Advice trains on Tokyo-Narita airport route 2014/6/24 17:26
Thank you both diviva and Firas for your tips. I will do some search using the hyperdia for my train route. Thank you!
by Mary (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Advice trains on Tokyo-Narita airport route 2014/6/24 17:44
By the way, if you don't want to change trains, you want the itineraries where all stations will have downwards "arrows" next to them (as opposed to orange "Tra." badges). The arrows mean that the same train proceeds through the connection, so you don't change trains.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Advice trains on Tokyo-Narita airport route 2014/6/24 17:58
Yes without changing trains will be convenient for my family. Thank for the advice again, Firas!
by Mary (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread