Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Logistics 2014/6/23 22:34
Hi

I hope you can help me.

We are leaving Kyoto on a Saturday lunch time to go to Tokyo for our last night before we have to get the flight home on Sunday morning. Our flight is at 11:15 so Ifm thinking of getting Nex around 8am to make sure we get there on time.
That means getting accommodation near to the station or at least not too far away. Anywhere near Tokyo Station within walking distance will require a mortgage. What will be the alternative areas that have good connections to Tokyo Station, maybe one or two stops from it on the underground?

What time does the Metro start on a Sunday, I had a look and everywhere I found they mentioned 5am start time ggenerallyh does that apply to Sundays as well?

Finally because we want to enjoy as much as possible of our last day in Tokyo I was considering sending my bulk luggage from Kyoto to Narita on Friday to arrive there on Sunday. Is this possible? Do I have to send it off on Thursday to make sure it is there on time? How long will it take to retrieve my luggage in Narita, should I expect a queue and a lengthy process, meaning that I have to get an earlier train?

Thanks in advance

David
by pirespt  

Re: Logistics 2014/6/24 08:02
I'm a great fan of the Dormy Inn Premium at Shibuya/Harajuku, though it is a 10 minute walk to the JR stations. But if you want to take out a mortgage and really treat yourself (and justify it because it is like stepping back in time), stay at the Tokyo Station Hotel. It is expensive, but a lot more than just another hotel. Or you could stay at Narita itself. The town is quite nice and some of the hotels have shuttles to the airport. We stayed at the Richmond Hotel there which is pretty good.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Logistics 2014/6/24 10:19
Why not stay in Shinjuku or somewhere else besides Tokyo Station that is on the NEX line? You should be able to get a twin room for about Y15000 at Shinjuku Sunroute Plaza. That price is pretty standard so you have a lot of hotel to choose from.

Is there a reason you prefer staying near Tokyo Station?
by Obake (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Logistics 2014/6/24 17:23
Lazy Pious, I have booked Tokyo Station Hotel, but looking at all the other prices I'm paying elsewhere it is very expensive and I rather spend it on other stuff. That's why I'm looking for an alternative.

Obake thanks I hadn't considered other stops on the N'EX line, I'll have a look at that.

Thanks both.
by pirespt rate this post as useful

Re: Logistics 2014/6/24 18:42
How about staying at "Shinjuku Washington Hotel" instead of staying Tokyo Station area.
The airport limousine service is available departing from Shinjuku Washington Hotel directly to Narita airport at 7 a.m. daily(the bus arrives in Narita airport by 8:55 a.m.)
http://shinjuku.washington-hotels.jp/
http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/platform_searches/index/1/20

Shinjuku Washington Hotel is not very expensive hotel for accommodation.
The bus fare is 3,100 Yen per person. NEX cost you 3,190 Yen from Shinjuku, 3,020 Yen from Tokyo Station.

You can send your luggage direct to Narita airport.
Kuroneko Yamato charges you additional 648 Yen as airport service fee other than courier service fees. JP Post bank also offers similar service under Yu-pack airport service(need to fill on airport consignment form). The pick-up point is different Kuroneko and JP post(The pickup is available at 7 a.m.). You must send your luggage by Friday evening(by 6 p.m.) to receive it on Sunday morning.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Logistics 2014/6/24 18:56
Hi tokyo friend 48

Thanks for the tip, I'll look into that.

We will still be using our JR Pass that's why I want to use JR, but that hotel is next to Shinjuku which is brilliant.

In Kyoto we were thinking about sending our luggage in the morning to make sure it's there we get to Narita. We will check once we get to Kyoto anyway.

Thanks again

David

Re: Logistics 2014/6/25 03:52
Yeah the Tokyo Station Hotel is extraordinary inside which makes it worth a stay, though having to get out by 8AM is a blow, and would cut in to brekky time. There would be more case for it if you could leave later and enjoy the experience. It is also pretty exey to eat there (breakfast about $45pp) but there is some reasonably priced food at the cafe, and of course the quality is great. On the downside the area is a bit boring IMO.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Logistics 2014/6/25 07:19
Just so you know Shinjuku Washington Hotel is about 10 -15 min walk from the Shinjuku JR station. I stayed there last time I was in Tokyo. They do have a underground walkway directly connect to the station, too. But if you are worry, I would suggest Kadoya hotel. It is almost the same price, but closer to the station than Shinjuku Washington Hotel.
by Animefan0614 rate this post as useful

Re: Logistics 2014/6/25 17:18
Thanks everyone.

I end up booking Sotetsu Fresa Inn Tokyo Kyobashi and will cancel my stay at the Tokyo Station Hotel.

I got a good price and they are also well located within walking distance to Tokyo Station.

Thanks again

David

reply to this thread