Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to get to Odaiba in a better way 2014/6/27 08:16
Hello there!
I will be at the Tsukiji Fish Market in Tokyo, and I need to go to Odaiba....
The Waterbus, the Seabus, the Yurikamome, and the Rinkaisen buses are my options.
But I don't know which one of them is easier and simpler to get. And faster too.
Any opinnions????

I will be highly thanked for those who can help me :)
by Julia Gal  

Re: How to get to Odaiba in a better way 2014/6/27 09:22
In order to go to Odaiba from Tsukiji Fish Market, there is a way to go to Shiodome Station by Oedo Line, from it, to go to Odaiba riding on Yurikamome.
Hyperdia
http://www.hyperdia.com/en/cgi/en/search.html?dep_node=TSUKIJISHIJO&ar...
by passby168 rate this post as useful

Re: How to get to Odaiba in a better way 2014/6/27 10:44
From the fish market take the Oedo subway 2 stops to Tsukishima, change to the Yurakucho subway, go 1 stop to Toyosu. Go out exit 6 and go up to the Yurikamome train that goes all through Odaiba. If it's not crowded try to get the front seat for a great view. There is no driver, it's fully automated.
by Dick H rate this post as useful

Re: How to get to Odaiba in a better way 2014/6/27 12:04
The Oedo line from Tsukijishijo to Shiodome then Yurikamome is the best way.
by Tokyonet (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to get to Odaiba in a better way 2014/6/27 12:25
Odaiba is a huge place, covering multiple islands. I'd suggest that you figure out exactly where you want to go first, then plug your starting and ending points into Google Maps.

Looking at Google Maps now, the fastest way from Tsukiji Market to Tokyo Big Sight would be to take the #05 bus. The second-fastest would be to take the Yurakucho line and then the Rinkai train line.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: How to get to Odaiba in a better way 2014/6/27 13:52
Got time? A couple of years ago I just walked most of the way. I first stopped off at Hama-Rikyu Gardens, just to the south o Tsukiji for a calmer environment than the market area. I then went down to Kyu Shiba Rikyu Garden next to Hamamatsucho Station on the Yamanote Line. I then went into Hamamatsucho Station and took the Yamanote Line past Shinagawa to Tamachi. From there, I walked straight out from the station crossing some bridges over canals to the first tower of the Rainbow Bridge (after the loop) and walked across for free for views of Tokyo Bay and the old Daiba fort islands that are left. After the off ramp on the Odaiba side, it's easy to cut straight across to Venus Fort and Tokyo Megaweb, or if you want, you can pick up the Yurikamome Line at the first station, OdaibaKaihinKoen.

The views from the bridge were good but the only negative was all the nearby traffic. The walk from Tamachi to the bridge was through a residential area where every apartment building was about 10 stories high.
by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to get to Odaiba in a better way 2014/6/28 04:27
Oh alright!
Thanks a lot to you guys!!
See ya :)
by Julia Gal rate this post as useful

reply to this thread