Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone free pass (clarifications please) 2014/6/28 18:18
Hello is my first time in Japan and i'd love to get to Hakone area from Tokyo!
i've these questions:
1)i just want to buy hakone free pass ( WITHOUT the romance car ) basically is the same train BUT i must get off in Odawara and wait for connection to Hakone-Yumoto?

2) i'll get back to Tokyo by night but i'd love to get close to Haneda airport cause the day after i get a domestic flight there, from odawara will the train stop anywhere "close" to Haneda? Or i must get back to Shinjuku anyway? thank you very much :-)
by Simone M (guest)  

Re: Hakone free pass (clarifications please) 2014/6/29 08:45
i just want to buy hakone free pass ( WITHOUT the romance car ) basically is the same train BUT i must get off in Odawara and wait for connection to Hakone-Yumoto?

Yes, a transfer of trains is required at Odawara.

i'll get back to Tokyo by night but i'd love to get close to Haneda airport cause the day after i get a domestic flight there, from odawara will the train stop anywhere "close" to Haneda? Or i must get back to Shinjuku anyway?

If you use the pass that includes the round trip from Shinjuku, you should take Odakyu Railway back to Shinjuku and proceed to the airport from there. Otherwise, taking the JR Tokaido Line from Odawara to Shinagawa and then the Keikyu Railway to Haneda Airport would be easier, faster, but more expensive.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone free pass (clarifications please) 2014/6/29 08:46
Travel between Shinjuku and Haneda is explained here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2430.html?aFROM=2430_3011
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone free pass (clarifications please) 2014/6/29 10:13
1) If you just buy the Hakone Free Pass, you cannot use the limited express train named Romance Car, so you will have to take another slower train (that runs on the same Odakyu rail track as the limited express train), and yes you need to change at Odawara.

by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone free pass (clarifications please) 2014/6/29 14:44
The transfer at Odawara is easy. Just the next track on the same platform.
Take a Kyuko (Ltd Exp.) train that stops only at several stations and no surcharge, not to be confused with Romance Car which is a special tourist train. Do not take a local which stops at every station and takes too long.
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone free pass (clarifications please) 2014/6/29 16:19
thank you guys :-)) all very clear !
I've been searching over HyperDia and odakyu web I can only find the Romancecar trains from SHINJUKU to Odawara(timetable)!
How can i see timetable for the "normal " train?
by Simone M (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone free pass (clarifications please) 2014/6/29 17:15
When you start your search on Hyperdia, click on "Search Details," and untick "Limited Express" and untick "JR." That should get you the non-Romance Car connection.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread