Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

ski resort for kids and beginners 2014/6/28 23:42
we plan to visit japan in december and have my kids experience snow for the first time and perhaps do osaka too. i heard niseko or hakuba is a nice area to explore for families. is this correct?
by gail (guest)  

Re: ski resort for kids and beginners 2014/6/30 00:11
It depends when in December and where you are mainly staying.
Both Niseko and Hakuba are good resort but you cannot expect snow accumulation in early December in Hakuba.
by kkAcky rate this post as useful

Re: ski resort for kids and beginners 2014/6/30 09:44
thank you for your reply, it will be dec 25 onwards. is niseko and hakuba my best choices? is hakuba a better choice? i think it is much closer to central japan. we would like to do osaka asides from a ski resort.
by gail (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: ski resort for kids and beginners 2014/6/30 23:17
If you have a plan to visit Osaka, I would recommend Niseko or some other Hokkaido ski resorts such as Tomamu, Sahoro, and Rusutu.

You will be able to enjoy better snow (accumulation and quality) in Niseko. You may not have any snow in Hakuba at this time of the year.

Traveling time from Osaka is almost equal: 5 hour train ride to Hakuba, or 2 hour flight plus 1 to 2 hour access time from/to the airport to Niseko.
by kkAcky rate this post as useful

Re: ski resort for kids and beginners 2014/7/1 01:24
Thank you for reply.
1. Would u have an idea how much is the 5hr train ride.
2. Is Tokyo the nearest international airport?
3. How far is Tokyo to niseko
Thank you
by Gail (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread