Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Getting accepted into Waseda / Sophia 2014/7/1 00:27
Hi, I'm interested in applying for an English course in one of these universities (preferably SILs from Waseda). I currently have 1740 for my SATs and a gpa of 3.0 (I took a diploma in tourism and resort management in Singapore Polytechnic).

I'm really worried about whether I can get in for the April 2015 batch and I don't have any more opportunities to retake the SATs already... Is there any way to increase my chances of getting in?
by Melissa (guest)  

Re: Getting accepted into Waseda / Sophia 2014/7/25 21:37
Hi! Maybe try taking the ACT and see if you do better on that :) However I don't think you should worry too much about your score. (I got in and my score wasn't that high). Also, as long as you have a gpa above 3.0 they consider you as a candidate (as to my knowledge). It really depends on the other applicants you are up against and your essay. Make sure your essay is really strong. I think you have a chance of getting in so you should apply ^^ Good luck! :)
by Loremasterfyra rate this post as useful

Re: Getting accepted into Waseda / Sophia 2014/7/26 15:16
‘ˆ๎“c and ใ’q are considered as competitive universities.

I had a 3.6 gpa when I was in high school.
I would never try applying to the colleges.

I feel@it is not fair that foreigners with lower grade points could get into sucn a university.
by k (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Getting accepted into Waseda / Sophia 2014/7/30 22:25
Hi k
I'm sorry that I don't agree with you on that point. Yes the higher the gpa the better, but the university decides whether a person is fit for the university or not. Honestly, if you really want to go to the universities try and make your gpa and SAT/ACT score higher if possible. However, still try to apply:) It really depends on the applicants you are against and if you think you have a shot then it is worth giving it a try. ^^

Re: Getting accepted into Waseda / Sophia 2014/7/30 22:46
Loremasterfyra, you seem completely clueless about how university admission works for Japanese applicants. There is several orders of magnitude more competition for the regular programs than for the ones aimed at rich foreign kids who just want to have a blast in Japan.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Getting accepted into Waseda / Sophia 2014/7/30 23:23
Look, I think that the higher the gpa/act the better chances for Melissa to get in. I'm just giving her advice on how she might have a chance of getting in. I realize that the Japanese programs may be harder to get into but I'm just answering her question.

Also Melissa here is a link with someone who got in (and they posted their GPA and SAT score): http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+96627

reply to this thread