Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Question on Shinkansen timetable 2014/7/2 13:45
Hi,

From the Eastbound timetable at the JR Central website:
http://english.jr-central.co.jp/info/timetable/

For Nozomi N250 it states that it does not run on a Saturday.

However, from Hyperdia on 1st Dec which is a Monday, N250 does not exist.

So will there be a Nozomi N250 running during that time?

Thank you
by TrinityX  

Re: Question on Shinkansen timetable 2014/7/2 15:54
It is not yet clear on which days in October - December 2014 the Shinkansen Nozomi 250 is scheduled.
(Here "N" in "N250" shows Nozomi, so "Nozomi 250" is the name of the train.)
Why do you hope to know about a Shinkansen timetable for a certain day such in detail?

Shinkansen timetables are revised annually in March, but the operating JR companies make minor revisions by seasons.
(The Tokaido & Sanfyo Shinkansen timetable in English which you have found on the JR-Central website is a simple edition; it does not mention extra trains or exceptional operation dates.)

Complete Shinkansen timetables for the season October - December 2014 will be announced by August 2014.
However, HyperDia tends to reflect a revision of timetables late, so I suppose it may be around the end of September 2014 when HyperDia will get ready for the season October - December 2014.

You can find a disclaimer on HyperDia which now goes "The train and flight schedules are available from July 1, 2014 to September 30, 2014." around the bottom of every webpage showing Search Results.
Now HyperDia seems to be using time data of Shinkansen concerning only trains which are scheduled to run every day (until the day before the next annual revision).
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Question on Shinkansen timetable 2014/7/2 18:12
Thank you for the clarification. That makes sense. I will check again when the time is near. I am actually trying to check which train fit and schedule and so happens, N250 comes into picture.

by TrinityX rate this post as useful

reply to this thread