Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo - Fukuoka best transport option 2014/7/3 07:09
Dear Friends,

I want to travel from tokyo to fukuoka. I actually want to try shinkansen, but I don't have a clue on what shinkansen to take. Is there anyone who could advise below:
1. Shinkansen route from tokyo to fukuoka? And the fares pls.
2. Is shinkansen the best option to get there? I'm traveling with 2 girls age 3 and 5.

Thank you.
by Dwiyanfa (guest)  

Re: Tokyo - Fukuoka best transport option 2014/7/3 12:55
1. Shinkansen route from tokyo to fukuoka? And the fares pls.

Nozomi, Hikari and Sakura trains travel between the two cities. Costs about 23000 yen one way, so you're probably better off getting a Japan Rail Pass especially if you are doing a round trip.

Check out this page for the transport details:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4802.html

2. Is shinkansen the best option to get there? I'm traveling with 2 girls age 3 and 5.

Shinkansen will be a nice experience. The trip will take 5-6 hours. Going by plane is another option which would be a lot faster and a lot cheaper, especially if you are able to purchase discount tickets.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo - Fukuoka best transport option 2014/7/3 13:01
http://www.hyperdia.com/en/

Fukuoka about 1200km far west not so close
by air recommend.
http://www.crossroadfukuoka.jp/en/access/

Shinkansen speed max270-300km/h(not all sections).

BTW,no stop over at KYOTO/OSAKA or HIROSHIMA?
No Japan rail pass plan? oneway? no back to TOKYO?
by eton (guest) rate this post as useful

From Tokyo to Fukuoka City by Shinkansen 2014/7/4 12:11
I want to travel from Tokyo to Fukuoka. I actually want to try Shinkansen
I'm traveling with 2 girls age 3 and 5.

When will you travel?

You can save the regular JR cost by half by choosing non-reservation rides, which sounds practical unless you travel during a busy time.
Up to two little kids (roughly under 6) accompanied by one adult can have a non-reservation train ride free of fees.

If you travel back by Shinkansen within 7 days to Hiroshima, Shin-Osaka, Kyoto, Tokyo or further, a 7-day Ordinary-Class Japan Rail Pass (29110 yen for one adult) can pay off.

From Tokyo / Shinagawa to Hakata by Shinkansen: Ride on Non-Reserved car(s)
: The regular JR cost for one adult is 21810 yen
(= 13820 yen as a basic fare + 7990 yen as a Shinkansen charge).
: The two kids under 6 can travel free of fees as long as you accompany them.

From Tokyo / Shinagawa to Hakata by Shinkansen: Ride in reserved seats
: The regular JR cost for one adult is 22130 to 23150 yen
(= 13820 yen as a basic fare + 8310 to 9330 yen as a Shinkansen charge).
: The regular JR cost for one child (roughly under 12) is 11060 to 11570 yen.
: The total regular JR cost for you and the two kids is 44250 to 46290 yen.

Shinkansen route from Tokyo to Fukuoka?

The Shinkansen route is
Tokyo -- Shinagawa -- Nagoya -- Kyoto -- Shin-Osaka -- Okayama -- Hiroshima -- Kokura -- Hakata.

Tokyo Station and Shinagawa Station are in Tokyo Metropolis. You can choose your first Shinkansen station from the two.
Hakata Station is the Shinkansen terminal in City of Fukuoka, Fukuoka Prefecture.
(If your destination is in another part of Fukuoka Prefecture, it might be better to descend at Kokura Station, which is in City of Kitakyushu, Fukuoka Prefecture.)

[Train services on Tokaido & San(f)yo Shinkansen]

When you travel with regular JR tickets,
you can take one Shinkansen train of the fastest "Nozomi" service from Tokyo / Shinagawa to Hakata.

When you travel with a Japan Rail Pass,
you cannot choose the fastest "Nozomi" service from Tokyo or the fastest "Mizuho" service from Shin-Osaka,
but you can alternatively take two Shinkansen trains of the second-fastest (a little slower) "Hikari" and/or "Sakura" service(s) to Hakata.

Shinkansen trains of "Kodama" and "Tsubame" services make stops at all stations on the way, and require much more time than Shinkansen trains of the above four services.

- Japan Rail Pass: Tokaido, Sanyo and Kyushu Shinkansen
http://www.japanrailpass.net/nozomi/index.html
: An explanation in English is below those in Chinese.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread