Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

I love a Japanese guy and I can't move on 2014/7/5 14:46
Hello! Let me start on how it actually happened...
Last December I started teaching part-time to Japanese students online. I am here in the Philippines and my students are mostly in Japan. And then I met him one night in one of my lessons. During our first meeting, he was a little flirty and told me that I was so beautiful and my smile was so charming (although I did not really believe him, he made my heart beat fastly from the very first time we met virtually, well because he is also very cute and sweet.) And then he told me that he was not really a student but a web developer for the online english school I am working for. Since then, we had been talking everynight having topics which are so out of the blue, but most of the time about love and life. Last February, he went here in the Philippines on a business trip, but he made efforts to see me, during his first day and last day, which were his days off, he met me. And then we planned to see each other again, I went to Japan last April and we shared so many memories together. Because I want to keep my virginity for my future husband, I talked to him that nothing should happen between us, and he agreed. Despite staying for two nights in the same room together, nothing happened to us. And when I returned to the Philippines, we still continued to talk everynight, but he has changed already. He is not sweet anymore and even cancelled our supposedly trip this coming July to an island here in the Philippines. And since I am enjoying my summer vacation from school, I wnet to many places here and been out of town for many weeks, so we weren't able to talk anymore. After I returned from my trips, I found out that he has been booking another tutors' lessons. And right one time, we met again, and I asked him why he has changed already, he told me that what he was before were just pretensions because we were not close yet, and now that we arw close already, he can show his real self. (I think I have a problem too, I became so attached to him and I always tell him that I love him, because it is my first time to be, anyway) But just recently, he stopped talking to me already and did not even bother to reply to my messages.

I could not move on and I still want to try if there is a chancw, what should I do? :'(

Thank you for your replies!
by karla (guest)  

Re: I love a Japanese guy and I can't move on 2014/7/5 19:41
How old are you? just curious.

I think once he found out you weren't going to sleep with him it probably put him off. At the end of the day most people don't want to wait for marriage in case you're incompatible. Intimacy is a big deal in relationships. And he probably wasn't thinking about marriage yet.

I'd move on if I were you.
by May (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: I love a Japanese guy and I can't move on 2014/7/5 22:17
Guys demand to be closer whereas girls demand to stay as a friend.
I don't think he will be back again. I think you better to start on your new way.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: I love a Japanese guy and I can't move on 2014/7/5 22:56
Hello! I am 21 years old while he's 28 at that time. He's now 29 and I'm turning 22.

Thank you for your advice, you really helped me a lot!

By the way, I have a lot of pictures of him when we were together, should I delete those?
by Karla (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: I love a Japanese guy and I can't move on 2014/7/6 02:26
It was probably the virginity and waiting for marriage thing which has put him off.
A lot of guys don't respect this nowadays.
You are better off moving on and finding a guy who respect your choice to stay virgin until marriage. Good luck.
by xyz (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: I love a Japanese guy and I can't move on 2014/7/6 02:46
Agree with xyz. Find someone who respect your decision. About those pictures, it's up to you.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: I love a Japanese guy and I can't move on 2014/7/8 01:06
I agree with xyz too.

"It was probably the virginity and waiting for marriage thing which has put him off.
A lot of guys don't respect this nowadays.
You are better off moving on and finding a guy who respect your choice to stay virgin until marriage. Good luck." and ... "Find someone who respect your decision."

I try to save my virginity for my future husband too so I kinda understand. If he doesn't respect your decision, you should forget him.
by yvonnesudarman rate this post as useful

Re: I love a Japanese guy and I can't move on 2014/7/14 17:11
1. Nice crush.

2. " And since I am enjoying my summer vacation from school, I wnet to many places here and been out of town for many weeks, so we weren't able to talk anymore."
What place on earth were you were a simple text or email couldn't be sent?
Out of sight, out of mind.

3. Moving on....
by adorable rate this post as useful

Re: I love a Japanese guy and I can't move on 2014/7/16 05:02
It was just a fling for him.
Move on and find someone who deserves you.
by Been there, done that (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: I love a Japanese guy and I can't move on 2014/10/9 15:43
I dated a Japanese man for about a month who was exactly like your web developer guy.

Your guy is a player, pure and simple. He was looking to hook up, have sex, and move on.

I think it's good you stood up for your beliefs. There are men who share your ideals.

In general, a nice Japanese guy will be quite shy around you; a playboy will chat you up. The latter is almost a social taboo in Japan.

In Japan, most couples are formally introduced to one another via friends, family members or co-workers. Just approaching a woman like we do in the West is not so common, especially saying 'You're so beautiful' at first.

My Japanese husband approached me but by talking about our mutual love of fitness and ocean sports -- general topics. He never said I was beautiful until we became an official couple.

I hope that helps you in the future when chatting with Japanese men.

by a girl (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread