Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

from Kansai airport to JR Tsukaguchi Station 2014/7/7 06:51
May I know how to go from Kansai international airport to JR Tsukaguchi Station by using the ICOCA + Haruka pass ? I would want to by the return ICOCA + Haruka pass because later I will have to travel from Kyoto to Kansai airport .

Thank you

by mei (guest)  

Re: from Kansai airport to JR Tsukaguchi Station 2014/7/7 08:50
May I know how to go from Kansai international airport to JR Tsukaguchi Station by using the ICOCA + Haruka pass?

Tsukaguchi Station is just one station outside of the area that is covered by the Haruka part of the package. So, you will have to pay a 140 yen supplement for the section between Amagasaki and Tsukaguchi.

There are various ways to travel between Kansai Airport and Tsukaguchi, and none of them are too convenient. The main options are:

1) Haruka from KIX to Shin-Osaka, then local/rapid trains via Osaka to Tsukaguchi.

2) Haruka from KIX to Tennoji, then local/rapid trains via Osaka to Tsukaguchi.

3) Rapid train from KIX to Osaka and then a local/rapid train to Tsukaguchi.

Look up specific connections here:
http://www.hyperdia.com/
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: from Kansai airport to JR Tsukaguchi Station 2014/7/7 09:12
hi, thank you for the response.

1. I was told to take airport limousine bus from Kansai airport to JR Tsukaguchi Station , which is the nearest station to where I am going. However,after 6 days, on my last leg of the trip, I shall be going from Kyoto to Kansai airport to go home so I was just wondering if I should buy the ICOCA + Haruka pass or take airport limousine bus on first day and then in the last day , buy 1 day kansai west pass to go from kyoto to Kansai airport. If I am correct, the ICOCA + Haruka is sold at Kansai airport only .

2. Is it possible to take Haruka from Kansai airport to Osaka station and then take a local train ( Fukuchimaya ? ) from there to JR Tsukaguchi station ? Thanks
by ewesb rate this post as useful

Re: from KIX to JR Tsukaguchi Station 2014/7/7 12:19
When in a day is your flight scheduled?

Is it possible to take Haruka from Kansai airport to Osaka station and then take a local train (Fukuchimaya?) from there to JR Tsukaguchi station ?

No. "Haruka" trains do not bring you to Osaka Station.
But, according to current timetables, if you catch a "Haruka" train between 08:00 and 22:20 in Kansai-airport Station, you can make a simple transfer in Shin-Osaka Station from that "Haruka" train on Track 11 to a Local train bound for Shin-Sanda on Track 15 or 16, which is to make a stop at Tsukaguchi Station in 20 minutes or so.

Rapid trains from Kansai-airport Station do not run to Shin-Osaka Station. Most of them make a stop at Osaka Station.

(If you come early in the morning and change trains in Osaka Station before 8 am on a weekday, for example when "Haruka" trains happen to be suspended, please ask a station attendant which train(s) you should take. Most Local trains starting from Osaka Station for Amagasaki before 8 am either skip Tsukaguchi Station or run only to Amagasaki Station.)

Tsukaguchi Station of JR-West is on the section called JR Takarazuka Line (Amagasaki -- Sasayamaguchi) of Fukuchiyama Line.
In its announcements and signs, JR-West uses nicknames such as JR Takarazuka Line for some sections of lines, rather than nominal names of the lines such as Fukuchiyama Line.

I was told to take airport limousine bus from Kansai airport to JR Tsukaguchi Station

I cannot find such a limousine bus…. There are limousine buses connecting Kansai Airport
Terminal 1 and JR Amagasaki Station.

I was just wondering if I should buy the ICOCA + Haruka pass or take airport limousine bus on first day and then in the last day, buy 1 day Kansai west pass to go from Kyoto to Kansai airport.

If you buy a JR-West roundtrip ICOCA & Haruka package, you pay 2060 yen on paper tickets for the way to Amagasaki and the way from Kyoto; an additional cost to reach JR Tsukaguchi Station is 140 yen.

If you buy a JR-West 1-day Kansai Area Pass only to travel from Kyoto to Kansai-airport, you pay 2060 yen only for the way from Kyoto; a cost to reach JR Tsukaguchi Station (taking a limousine bus and a train) is 1690 yen.

A paper ticket in a JR-West one-way ICOCA & Haruka package can be used in the direction from JR Kansai-airport Station only. Unless you purchase a roundtrip package, you cannot get a discount ticket to travel from Kyoto to Kansai-airport for 1030 yen.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: from Kansai airport to JR Tsukaguchi Station 2014/7/7 13:11
Thanks to all of you for your help. I really appreciate it. Limousine bus from KIX is to Osaka station only,orlimousine buses connecting Kansai Airport Terminal 1 and JR Amagasaki Station. After that still have to take local train. Haruka goes to Shin Osaka and Tennoji, not Osaka Station. I understand now.

My flight is scheduled to reach KIX at 2000, 13/9/2014.

I checked hyperdia.

Correct me if I am wrong.
I think buying return ICOCA + Haruka may work out because my flight on 19/9/2014 is 1000, so need to go to KIX ealry, hopefully the safest is by earliest train out. That will save some money because I am paying for 3 people, so all fare is x3 ( my calculation ) . Total Journey time is about the same, 1 hour +. either by bus or train. i think total amount difference is the 1500 yen + 300 yen ICOCA deposit . I think I should consider about convenience and less hassle also . The last time I used Nankai from KIX but that time I went to Namba and left from Nagoya.

Re: from Kansai airport to JR Tsukaguchi Station 2014/7/7 13:24
I am sorry. I did not make it quite clear. I was thinking of KIX - Tennoji ( Haruka ) then Tennoji -Umeda - Tsukaguchi. Totally travelling time : 1 hour + I checked this from hyperdia

Don't know if it is convenient because i do not know if Tennoji -Umeda - Tsukaguchi involves just changing track in the saame station or need to go to another train station.
Another question in mind is on the last day, I have to leave Kyoto for KIX, I am not very sure about the fastest mode to reach KIX. I thought Haruka is faster since it makes 2 stops only , each at Shin Osaka and Tennoji. Time is 75 min

reply to this thread