Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo to Kyoto with bullet 2014/7/7 22:07
Hi there...i have followed the link on this page to the JR east train reservation.....but none of the Lines show Tokyo to kyoto......i find the advice very confusing and contradicting
is says one thing on this website but when you click in the JR website its all totally different

Can anyone please just give me a simple answer, Which train and train line do i need to get the bullet train from Tokyo to Kyoto...the fastest one. And how to book it online

thank you.
by Kel (guest)  

Re: Tokyo to Kyoto with bullet 2014/7/8 08:19
Use Hyperdia for routes, fares and timetables.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo to Kyoto with bullet 2014/7/8 08:25
1. Trains west from Tokyo to Kyoto are not operated by JR East, but by JR Central.
2. You cannot book online.
by Mr Miyagi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo to Kyoto with bullet 2014/7/8 08:40
Use Hyperdia to plan your routes.

The Tokaido Shinkansen between Tokyo & Kyoto is operated by JR Central not JR East. While you can make online reservations with JR East you can't with JR Central.
Your best bet would be to make your seat reservations at the reservation desk in your departure station or if you're exchanging a JR pass they will make the reservations for you at the same time.
by Kari Haruka rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo to Kyoto with bullet 2014/7/8 08:43
And the fastest route you can take with the JR Pass is the Hikari shinkansen (160 minutes) on the Tokaido Shinkansen route.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2018_tokaido.html
by Kari Haruka rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo to Kyoto with bullet 2014/7/8 09:24
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo to Kyoto with bullet 2014/7/8 09:56
Thanks very much for your answers :)
by kel (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread