Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to book the bus from Utoro to Sapporo 2014/7/9 23:59
Hi Everybody,

I'm trying to book in advance the bus of the Eagle Liner from Utoro to Sapporo for August 5th, but I have no idea how to do it. I would like to book a flight from Sapporo going somewhere else after the bus gets there, but I can't do it unless I can secure a seat on that bus. And plane tickets are going fast.

This is the link in english of that bus. Unfortunately, since I can't read Japanese, I can't figure out a way to book it.

https://translate.google.co.jp/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=e...

If I end up not being able to book a seat from abroad, will other travel agencies in Japan be able to book it for me? I will spend a couple of weeks in Kansai, and was wondering if they would be able to book that bus for me from there.

Also, what are the chances I will find a seat on that bus if I book the day before when I get to Utoro?

Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it.
by Giacomo Cresti (guest)  

Re: How to book the bus from Utoro to Sapporo 2014/7/10 11:05
If you will be staying in Kansai area, some Japanese speaking staff (and can understand your English) in your hotel/hostel will help you booking the bus. I think you have enough time to do so. Even if you failed to book the Utoro-Sapporo bus (because it is full at that time), you should be able to book other options such as bus to Shiretoko-shari and then JR to Sapporo, or bus from Abashiri (of course you must go to Abashiri).

Note that from Sapporo (JR Sapporo station etc.), you must take train or bus to Shin-chitose airport.

I think it is very difficult to book the Utoro-Sapporobus from abroad without knowing Japanese language. I have read the website, but I must say it is not for non-Japanese. Actually, the tourism in Japan mainly depends on local (Japanese) tourist, especially in the isolated area such as east Hokkaido.

I think you should book the flight as early as possible, since 5th August is in the summer vacation season. Take care you can be in time to the airport. Low Cost Carrier tend to be rigid for the flight change due to the reason of the customer.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: How to book the bus from Utoro to Sapporo 2014/7/10 23:20
Thank you for your advice. I will try to book the bus as soon as I get inside the country.
by Giacomo Cresti (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread