Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fuji Sunrise or Dewa Sanzan? 2014/7/10 01:35
For those who have experienced both, which would you rate as more worthwhile? Both seem amazing, but I ask as with my schedule I only really have time to do one or the other before leaving Japan.

Attempted to reach the summit of Fuji on the night/early morning of the 6th/7th a few days ago, but only got to the 8th station at 3,250m after 12 hours of hiking from Sengen Jinja, as the weather went to hell and basically everyone was just trying to get off the mountain at that point. Pretty depressing really, and would love to see the summit properly, though Dewa Sanzan also seems like a great experience and is equally difficult to get to with restricted operating times throughout the year, and I have no idea when I'll have the chance to do either again.
by TheTripod  

Re: Fuji Sunrise or Dewa Sanzan? 2014/7/10 11:46
Sunrise on a mountain top is not limited to Fuji or Japan.

Unless a sunrise fanatic, go Dewa
by Joshua Hugh rate this post as useful

Re: Fuji Sunrise or Dewa Sanzan? 2014/8/10 20:13
Ended up doing all three of Dewa Sanzan's main shrines on my final day in Japan, was a great experience, thanks for the recommendation! Managed to actually squeeze a day climb of Fuji in as well, though had to skip Kochi and then run to Uwajima for the Ushioni Matsuri.

Bus schedule was truly hardcore, (1.5 hours to climb Haguro from the Bus Centre at 6:35 AM to catch the next bus to Gas-san's 8th station, then a bit of a rush to climb and descend to Yudono-san before the last bus back to Tsuruoka), as were the 11 hours of trains to get there from Kumano, but most definitely worth it. Thanks again, was a great way to finish off the trip.
by TheTripod rate this post as useful

reply to this thread