Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

4D3N in tokyo 2014/7/11 01:37
hello, our stopover will be tokyo so we decided to stay there fr aug2-5, plan to do the one day tour to mt.fuji w/shinkansen return, but the other days just explore around the city. our time is very limited that's why we want to maximize our stay in a very positive time manner, meaning not to waste time and money by making a mistake. we want our visit to tokyo be a memorable one. so any ideas too?
and also, is it better for us to get the UNLI tickets for tokyo metro & TOEI subways than the regular one? How about suica?

Your reply(ies) will be very much appreciated
by jopas  

Re: 4D3N in tokyo 2014/7/29 22:20
so sad that no one answer me back :(
by jopas rate this post as useful

Re: 4D3N in tokyo 2014/7/29 22:36
It's kind of difficult to make any suggestions without knowing what your interests are. I think looking at the sample itineraries here might give you an idea of how you can plan your trip? http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3051.html

As for the passes/tickets, I only have a Suica card as I find that I can use it almost anywhere.
by yozakura (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 4D3N in tokyo 2014/7/29 22:36
Well, it can be difficult to answer without knowing what you are interested in. Also it would help if you could tell us what time on 2nd you arrive, and what time on the 5th you need to leave (from which airport, etc. too).
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: 4D3N in tokyo 2014/7/30 00:39
Hmm..., with no reply for many days, now you have only 3 days before coming.
Which area in Tokyo will you stay?
(You may have built this thread during a rush of new messages. Unfortunately I did not notice this thread, maybe because it was hidden behind many threads.)

plan to do the one day tour to Mt. Fuji w/ Shinkansen return

You plan to just watch Mt. Fuji, right?
Areas near Mt. Fuji are not served by Shinkansen or any other JR lines.
(When the weather is fine, you can see Mt. Fuji from Shin-Fuji Station on Tokaido Shinkansen, maybe even from a skyscraper in Tokyo, but only from a distance.)
For a close view of Mt. Fuji, you have options such as Hakone Town in Kanagawa and Kawaguchiko area in Yamanashi. If you select sites to visit, you can make a daytrip to any of the two from a Tokyo urbanized area.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5200.html
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6906.html

we want to maximize our stay in a very positive time manner, meaning not to waste time and money by making a mistake.

A time-saving route tends to require more cost.
A cost-saving route tends to require more time.

The first half of August is during a summer vacation for many schoolchildren in and around Tokyo. Considering possible crowdedness, I recommend you would expect much time for tourist spots which may be popular among kids or family travelers, not packing them in one day.

Personally I suppose simple mistakes may happen in making trips. When I plan my journey, I leave some detailed points undecided so that I can make a minor change when I encounter a fact which I have not expected.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread