Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

question about mount fuji in april 2014/7/12 20:00

I am planning to go to Japan in april. I hope that someone might help me with a question. I hope that I will be able to go to mount fuji and start at the fifth station. However I have heard that the conditions are not good at this time. But I would hope that I at least could get up to seventh ore eight station. Is this possible, ore is it to much snow, how far up could I go without it beeing dangerous? I have a bit climbing experience before, from climbing in the alps. Which route would be best?

by vicsjo  

Re: question about mount fuji in april 2014/7/13 16:22
In April, I think the hiking trail is usually still covered by snow at least as far down as the 5th Station. Even the road to the 5th Station is sometimes still closed due to snow.

If you register with the police and bring proper equipment and experience for mountain climbing in winter conditions, you could theoretically do it.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: question about mount fuji in april 2014/7/14 03:36
The official climbing season of Mt Fuji usually starts in July and ends in August. April sounds too much early for most people to aim at its 7th or 8th station.
I suppose a serious risk may lie in overconfidence when a person climbs a mountain, even a lower one. Your little experience in Alps does not always work for Mt. Fuji. If you have never climbed Mt. Fuji, I do not recommend climbing it in April.
You can have a close view of Mt. Fuji from Hakone, near Fuji Five Lakes or so unless the weather is too bad.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread