Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Gadgets: English Language 2014/7/14 18:46
wanna know if i am able to buy a brand new gadget( tablet PC /laptop)with an English operating system, i am a Filipino and i can`t read Kanji /Japanese writings . where to buy? and if there is a store selling cheap gadgets.. thanks!
please help me :(
by Emman (guest)  

Re: Gadgets: English Language 2014/7/14 18:54
Most have English, some do not. But it depends on the particular gadget that you want to buy.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Gadgets: English Language 2014/7/14 18:57
Specifically a Tablet PC with an English OS. what store belongs to that "MOST" ? thanks
by Emman (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Gadgets: English Language 2014/7/14 19:17
Brand, model? Devices with English OSs are generally store agnostic, except for export models which are only sold at some specific locations where tourists frequent.

Re: Gadgets: English Language 2014/7/14 23:29

In Windows 8 you can change the language of the operating system regardless where it has been bought. Initially the OS will be in Japanese, if you buy it in Japan, but can be changed from the settings.

It should be quite easy to locate the setting with help of friend who understand Japanese, with online guide or just translating the difficult kanji one-by-one yourself.
by K0DAMA rate this post as useful

Re: Gadgets: English Language 2014/7/15 21:45
Windows 7, 8, Android and iOS are all language-agnostic, technically speaking.

As for Windows, you can legally install a different language with the same 25-digit code. You just need to find the proper installation media, but downloading them from questionable source is legal for this purpose.

As for Android, multiple languages are built-in ready to go.

I'm not sure about iOS.

Gadgets that don't have one of these OSes, may well be fully Japanese, or English/Japanese if you're lucky. In such case: ask the salesman.
by thany rate this post as useful

Re: Gadgets: English Language 2014/7/16 10:50
Windows 7, 8, Android and iOS are all language-agnostic, technically speaking.

Windows 8, Android, IOS, and OSX allow you to easily change the system language in the settings. Multisystem language in Windows 7 is only available on the (expensive) Ultimate version.

As for Windows, you can legally install a different language with the same 25-digit code. You just need to find the proper installation media, but downloading them from questionable source is legal for this purpose.

Legal or not, you should probably avoid downloading anything from questionable sources if possible. It's probably a non-issue though, because at this point it is difficult to buy new systems running Windows 7.

Re: Gadgets: English Language 2014/7/16 12:24
THANK YOU VERY MUCH :D my appreciations :D i am going to buy an ANDROID OS :D
by Emman (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Gadgets: English Language 2014/7/18 03:52
Multisystem language in Windows 7 is only available on the (expensive) Ultimate version.

While this is true, installing any other language of the very same Windows edition is legal, regardless of where you got your installation medium. As long as you use the 25-digit key that your Windows came with, it's legal and supported and everything.
by thany rate this post as useful

reply to this thread