Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nice places around Fukaya? 2014/7/15 17:21
Im going to visit Japan and live at Fukaya for about one month. Anyone here want to recommended a nice place that not far from Fukaya? anyway, I'll be thete in mid October untill mid November. Oh and may recommend me a nice food there?

Thank you so much :-)
by kojiyuu  

Re: Nice places around Fukaya? 2014/7/16 12:00
Looking at a map, Fukaya is in Saitama on the border with Gunma Prefecture.

It's located on the Takasaki Line, which connects Saitama City with Maebashi (Gunma's capital), so you'll have good access to both prefectures.

I've not been there (though I want to go), but Chichibu is a famous pilgrimage town that would be a nice and easy trip from Fukaya.

Your neighbor city Kumagaya seems to have some places to visit and a large fireworks festival.

There are a lot of small cities and towns in Saitama, so you can have fun exploring them. When you are looking to go outward, you have Gunma with many onsen to the north and the ultra-urban Tokyo to the south, so it looks like a good location.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: Nice places around Fukaya? 2014/7/23 04:09
Plenty of sightseeing things near Fukaya:

1. Ashikaga has a famous wisteria park
2. Tateyama has a famous azalea park
3. Gyoda Town is famous for lotus ponds
4. Kumagaya is famous for croquettes and is a doll town
5. You are close to Shibukawa where you take the bus to Ikaho Onsen.
6. You are close to Kawagoe, a preserved old town
7. Visit Mt. Haruna and Mt. Akagi during the fall
by Guesto (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread