Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Amanohashidate Station transit time 2014/7/16 07:18
We will be coming from Kyoto to Amanohashidate on Wed July 30 in the AM. We will change trains at Fukuchiyama. There is a 16 minute transit time, during which we will need to purchase our Amanohashidate Passes.

Is 16 minutes long enough to change trains and purchase these passes?

Where specifically, is the pass purchased? I'm not sure if Fukuchiyama station is complicated.

Thank you.

Dale
by Oenophile Angler  

Re: Kyoto to Amanohashidate, partly with a pass 2014/7/16 16:47
If "Amanohashidate Pass" here refers to a one-day / two-day "Amanohashidate Marugoto Free Pass" issued by Kitakinki Tango Railway, it is also handled by tourist agencies Nippon Travel Agency and Kinki Nippon Tourist. And, if you travel on a Ltd. Express Hashidate directly from Kyoto to Amanohashidate, there is a service offered by KTR that the train conductor hands you this pass in the Hashidate train. This service requires application in advance.

- Map for Fukuchiyama Station of Kitakinki Tango Railway
http://ktr-tetsudo.jp/station/fukuchiyama/img/fukuchiyama_yard.gif
: The five JR tracks are partially shown on this map.

In Fukuchiyama, KTR uses also JR tracks.
If you travel to Fukuchiyama by JR-West and to Amanohashidate by KTR but not on a JR-KTR through Ltd. Express Hashidate, three cases can be considered regarding your transfer in Fukuchiyama.
Case A. You can make a transfer via the same platform.
Case B. You can make a transfer inside Fukuchiyama Station of JR-West, but you need to change platforms.
Case C. You need to make a transfer via the pathway and the JR-KTR transfer gate (on the 2F).

Will you stay overnight in Amanohashidate?
To which place will you travel after Amanohashidate?
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Amanohashidate Station transit time 2014/7/16 22:50
Thank you, Omotenashi, I have had to change my plans due to cancelling my Kiso Valley trip. So, this is relatively last minute.

I plan to leave very early on July 30 from Kyoto. I want to get to Amanohashidate as early in the AM as possible. I will spend several hours in Amanohashidate, and then go to Kinosaki Onsen for the night.

The earliest Ltd Exp Hashidate departs Kyoto at 925 AM, which is later than I want. I am taking the Sagano line from Kyoto to Sonobe, then the San-in line from Sonobe to Fukuchiyama. There, I plan to transfer to the Kitakinki railway, but I will want to purchase the one day Amanohashidate pass, since we will be going to Kasamatsu Station on the cable car/chair lift.

If there is a way to purchase the pass in advance, that would be preferable. But the brochure about the pass does not indicate an alternative location for purchase, except on board the Hashidate or at the train stations. We will be in Tokyo for several days, as well as in Kyoto.

I just want to know if 16 minutes is enough time to transfer and purchase the pass

Dale

by Oenophile Angler rate this post as useful

Re: Amanohashidate Station transit time 2014/7/17 00:16
I guess as long as the train is not late, and it is possible to buy in Fukuchiyama Station it, as long 16 minutes.

Indeed, it can also be purchased in store of KNT or NTA, but where you receive the exchange order, it is necessary to redeem Pass at Fukuchiyama Station. In this case, there is no need to pay for the Pass rate there.
Amanohashidate Marugot Free Pass
http://ktr-tetsudo.jp/ticket/value/free_pass/#anc01
KNT
http://tempo.knt.co.jp/shop_search.html?pref=26
NTA
http://www.nta.co.jp/kansai/shiten_list/
by passby168 rate this post as useful

Re: Amanohashidate Station transit time 2014/7/17 00:40
I did a similar trip and took the 8:36 LE Maizuru to Nishimaizuru and then switched to the Tango Akamatsu arriving in Amanohashidate at 11:15. I did already have a reserved seat reservation on the Tango train that I did online but I purchased my pass at Nishimaizuru - took no time at all.....

In the early afternoon I continued on to Kinosakionsen....
by Maranyc (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread