Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sky Tree Sept Evening or Very Early Morning 2014/7/20 04:36
Hi

Thank you for all the help so far.

I can visit Sky Tree either Friday evening on the day of our arrival or the following morning, where we would wake up early and be there before opening at 8am.

My wife would love to see MT Fuji but we are going on the 25th of September and I wonder if it will be too hazy for that. In that case the views at night might be better. I know no one can predict the weather and if the forecast looks overcast for Saturday I'll go Friday evening. Is it likely to be difficult to see Mt Fuji at that time of the year/day?

Thanks in advance

David
by pirespt  

Re: Sky Tree Sept Evening or Very Early Morning 2014/7/20 12:13
Exactly around what time do you mean when you say "evening"? Note that due to absence of daylight saving time in Japan, the sun sets rather early. Right now sunset is around 19:00, and by early September it will be around 18:00 (in Tokyo).
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Sky Tree Sept Evening or Very Early Morning 2014/7/20 17:06
Hi AK

It will be after six or seven, possibly later.

David
by pirespt rate this post as useful

Re: Sky Tree Sept Evening or Very Early Morning 2014/7/20 18:06
Well, if that's the case, and if you want to see Mt. Fuji, you'd want to go in the morning... unless you get there just in time for dusk, you'll see the lights of Tokyo but won't be able to see anything of the mountain.

Re: Sky Tree Sept Evening or Very Early Morning 2014/7/20 18:50
Thanks AK

I was wondering if Sept is still too hot and hazy. That would make seeing Mt Fuji very difficult even in the morning.
by pirespt rate this post as useful

Re: Sky Tree Sept Evening or Very Early Morning 2014/7/20 19:21
Well, visibility in summer is definitely less than in winter, but you never know about the weather :)

reply to this thread