Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

One day trip in Nikko 2014/7/20 20:18
Hi, i'm planning to have one day trip from tokyo to Nikko with my family and there're 2 points i'm not sure about;

- does Lake Chuzenji and Kegon waterfall still have autumn leafs at the end of November?
- if it does, can i go there by Irohazaka ropeway and how long it will take? Since i found some info that it takes around 50 minutes from Central Nikko to the ropeway but there is no info how long from the ropeway to the lake. And if the Autumn leaf spot is still there, we'll be going to the lake and waterfall first in the morning then back to World heritage site in the afternoon.

Thank you so much for any suggestions.
by Pak (guest)  

Re: One day trip in Nikko 2014/7/21 14:05
I'm sure the colored leaves already finished at the end of Nov.around the lake and Kegon Falls.and if you will take the Akechi Ropeway you must go there first and takes about for 3 min.one way to an observatory to see nice view and come back another 3 min then take a bus to Chuzenji to see a falls and lake. Both of them are close from the bus stop!
After you stayed there you can come back to the shrine the temples area but they close at 4 pm so I was wondering what time will you arrive to Nikko from Tokyo? Hope you can come around 9:00-10:30 in the morning or you can go to the shrines first then waterfall.
by Kitty Sugar rate this post as useful

Re: One day trip in Nikko 2014/7/21 14:14
P.S. If you are sure to go up to the lake Chuzenji and Kegon Falls, I would recommended to buy a bus round trip ticket costs 2000yen at JR or TOBU Nikko Station and usually takes about 45 minutes from Nikko station to Chuzenji onsen bus stop! Hope you will have a good time in Nikko!

Re: One day trip in Nikko 2014/7/21 23:15
Hi Kitty,

Thank you so much for your kind reply. It's very useful for us. We'll be leaving Tokyo since 6 am and do look forward to have a wonderful trip in Japan and Nikko!

Pak
by Pak (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: One day trip in Nikko 2014/7/21 23:54
Hi, Pak San! I'm glad you read my messages.
I hope you understood my English...
You can not go to Lake Chuzenji and Kegon Falls directly by Akechi Ropeway. You can go to an observatory to see good view of them!
I'm sure you will have a wonderful time!!!

Re: One day trip in Nikko 2014/7/22 02:10
Hi Kitty, yes i get your point. You're so generous for helping us out :) We're greatly appreciated.

Arigatou!
Pak

by Pak (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread