Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fastest way to Kyoto from Kurokawa 2014/7/20 20:48
Hi,what is the fastest way to travel to Kyoto from Kurokawa? From Beppu or Matsumoto? Thank you.
by ayql28  

Re: Fastest way to Kyoto from Kurokawa 2014/7/21 15:33
Shinkansen to Hakata, then bus to Kurokawa.
by Sandy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fastest way to Kyoto from Kurokawa 2014/7/21 15:34
whoops, got that backwards. Bus to Hakata, then Shinkansen to Kyoto
by Sandy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fastest way to Kyoto from Kurokawa 2014/7/22 16:11
what is the fastest way to travel to Kyoto from Kurokawa?

Which Kurokawa will you travel from?

There are at least three Kurokawa Stations in different regions.
: Kurokawa Station of Nagoya Municipal subway in Aichi Prefecture in southern Chubu Region.
: Kurokawa Station of JR in Kagawa Prefecture in Shikoku Region.
: Kurokawa Station of Odakyu in Kanagawa Prefecture in Kanto Region.
Also there are at least two places called Kurokawa in Niigata Prefecture in northern Chubu Region.
(There is a station with a name in the same kanji characters in Saga Prefecture in Kyushu Region, which is Kurogou Station of Matsuura Railway.)

From Beppu or Matsumoto?

It is a long way from Beppu City in Oita Prefecture to Matsumoto City in Nagano Prefecture.

If you can take a flight from Fukuoka Airport to Matsumoto Airport for about 1 and a half hour, the whole route requires about 5 and a half hours or maybe less, but there is only one flight a day and you should leave Beppu City in Oita Prefecture before 8:00. Hakata and Fukuoka Airport are located nearby and connected by subway, while Matsumoto Airport and the central area of Matsumoto City are located a little apart and connected by bus in about 30 minutes.

Probably the fastest and simplest railroad route is
Beppu Station (in Oita)
| [JR: Ltd. Express Sonic: about 1 hour 20 minutes]
Kokura Station (in Fukuoka)
| [JR San(')yo Shinkansen: Nozomi: about 3 hours]
Nagoya Station
| [JR: Ltd. Express (WideView) Shinano: about 2 hours]
Matsumoto Station.
This route requires about 6 hours 50 minutes. When you cannot choose Shinkansen Nozomi (for example when you travel with a Japan Rail Pass), the whole route may require about 8 hours.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Fastest way to Kyoto from Kurokawa 2014/7/22 16:28
I think omotenashi got it wrong, the OP is talking about how to travel from Kurokawa Onsen and Kyoto.
by Aerond (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fastest way to Kyoto from Kurokawa 2014/7/22 19:01
Hi yes I need help to figure out how to get from Kurokawa Onsen to Kyoto. I'm planning to travel to Kyushu in December for 6 days 5 nights before going to Kyoto for 3 days and Osaka for 2 days. If it is too troublesome to go to Kurokawa, I may just skip it and go to Beppu. I will appreciate any suggestion on the fastest way to get to Kyoto. Thank you.
by ayql28 rate this post as useful

Re: Fastest way to Kyoto from Kurokawa 2014/7/22 21:21
If you can drive I'd recommend renting a car in Beppu or Kumamoto.
by Aerond (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fastest way to Kyoto from Kurokawa 2014/7/22 21:39
- japan-guide.com: Kurokawa Onsen: How to get there
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4575.html#jump_access
- japan-guide.com: How to travel between Beppu and Kyoto (#)
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4705.html?aFROM=2158_4700
- japan-guide.com: How to travel between Matsumoto and Kyoto (#)
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6053.html?aFROM=2158_6050
(#) Regarding explanation on how to get from Kyoto, please consider the reverse.

In the latter half of my previous message I am mistaking your second question as "From Beppu to Matsumoto?".... Let me withdraw this part.

Dear WEBMASTER 2014/7/22 21:47
Please let me withdraw the latter half of my 16:11 message (beginning with italicized "From Beppu"), where I am mistaking the second question from the original poster.

Re: Fastest way to Kyoto from Kurokawa 2014/7/22 21:56
Aerond: the OP is talking about how to travel from Kurokawa Onsen and Kyoto.

Bingo!

Considering "Kurokawa" as Kurokawa Onsen is just assumption. The compound "Kurokawa" is composed of two very common words, "kuro" meaning black and "kawa" meaning river. With no key suggesting hot spring or mentioning its location, I do not regard "Kurokawa" as Kurokawa Onsen.

Another example: Kusatsu Onsen in Gunma Prefecture is a famous hot spring resort, but if someone asks how to get from Kyoto to Kusatsu in a context concerning hot spring, I suppose he/she might be mixing up Kusatsu Onsen in Gunma Prefecture (far from Kyoto) and Kusatsu City in Shiga Prefecture (near Kyoto).

Re: Fastest way to Kyoto from Kurokawa 2014/7/22 22:40
Considering that OP is posting on a holiday travel forum, it's probably reasonably safe to assume that they are interested in the Kurokawa that tourists go to, isn't it?
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

Re: Fastest way to Kyoto from Kurokawa 2014/7/23 00:38
Oh..., maybe I have sent my previous message too early.
Let us wait until the original posterfs questions will get solved. I suppose Aerond has brought a chance of this meaningful discussion and I welcome the comment by Winter Visitor.
Thanks.

reply to this thread