Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Romance Car or Shinkansen to Hakone? 2014/7/21 10:24
Hi, I'm doing a 1 day trip to Hakone and going to buy the Hakone Freepass, but I have some questions I'd like some help.

1 - As I'm going for a 1 day trip, is it better to buy the freepass that is for 2 days minimum, or is better to pay each ride at regular price.

2 - Is it better to buy the Freepass at Shinjuku (5,140 yen) and go by Romance Car (Is the romance car included in the freepass?), or go by Shinkansen to Odawara and buy the freepass there (4,000 yen) - I will have the JR Pass, so go by Shinkansen is not an issue.
by glribeiro  

Re: Romance Car or Shinkansen to Hakone? 2014/7/21 15:10
Romance car goes all the way to Hakone, while on the shinkansen you have to change trains at Odawara (one stop before Hakone). Romance car is not included in the free pass. You can look it up on this forum.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Romance Car or Shinkansen to Hakone? 2014/7/21 16:16
If I already have the JR pass, I would take Shinkansen to Odawara and purchase the Hakone Free pass there. Not much difference in terms of time between the two modes, other than the experience of taking the Romance Car.

http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+106639
by CLLR rate this post as useful

Re: Romance Car or Shinkansen to Hakone? 2014/7/21 16:39
Agree with the above. And buying the freepass is still a better idea even if you're only going for one day. Cheaper and you don't have to waste time buying tickets everywhere!
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread