Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Help needed with transport and sightseeing 2014/7/21 14:12
I am going to Japan in September for 3 weeks, I will be traveling to Kyoto, Nara, Kobe and of course Osaka but i will be mostly staying in Hyogo.

Can you recommend the cheapest transport ticket for me during my stay, I know Sheishun 18 Kippu is not available during my visit so what would be second best option?

Can you also recommend places to visit, I love going to temples, nature and do other activities as well. It would be great if i can check the local festivals as well in these areas.
by MonkeyBusiness  

Re: Help needed with transport and sightseeing 2014/7/21 14:55
What you have said about your itinerary is much too vague to make any meaningful suggestions.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Help needed with transport and sightseeing 2014/7/21 16:34
When are you going? How long are you spending in each place? How do you plan to travel? We can't answer any questions until you give us more information.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Help needed with transport and sightseeing 2014/7/21 17:21
I will arrive in Japan on 10th of September, will be traveling to Hyogo and stay there till 14th so Ive already got plans for that duration (My accommodation will be in Hyogo)

I will be going to Kyoto on the 15th and go back on the 17th to Nara, spend the day there and go back to Hyogo on that evening.

From 18th on I don't have plans, will be going to Kobe whenever i feel like for one day and I will be traveling back and forth to Osaka from Hyogo whenever Ive got time for shopping and sightsee.

Hope it does make some sense:)

by MonkeyBusiness rate this post as useful

Re: Help needed with transport and sightseeing 2014/7/21 18:20
Without any solid plans it's hard to recommend a travel pass, given that they all last for a certain number of days. If you had more concrete travel plans it would help. This link contains all the rail passes and detailed information on each:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2357.html
Use them to plan your travel further.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Help needed with transport and sightseeing 2014/7/22 14:00
Will you fly into and fly out from Kansai International Airport [KIX]?
Please note that the 15th and the 23rd of September 2014 will be holidays.

"Hyogo" usually refers to Hyogo Prefecture, which lies roughly between the two seas and also has some mountainous areas.
Public transportations in Hyogo Prefecture differ by its parts.
Unless more specific information on your accommodation place is given, it is hard to make suitable answers concerning your options of transportation modes and tickets.

"Kyoto" / "Nara" / "Osaka" is a name of a prefecture and a name of its main city. Kobe is a city in Hyogo Prefecture.
: Kyoto City has some scenic sites and also many historical sites related to Japanese ancient to medieval history including temples and shrines. If you are a first-time visitor, I recommend you would allot at least two days to Kyoto City.
: Amanohashidate is one of scenic sites located outside Kyoto City in Kyoto Prefecture.
: Nara City has many historical sites related to Japanese ancient history including temples and shrines. If you are a first-time visitor, I suppose Nara City is worth a daytrip.
: In Nara Prefecture, also Asuka area is known for ancient historic sites.
: Osaka City has some areas representing various modern cultures.
: Minoh City in Osaka Prefecture has Mino Park, which is a vast park known for a scenic fall.
: Kobe City in southern Hyogo Prefecture has various tourist spots located from the seaside to the mountainside.
: Kinosaki Onsen hot spring town is one of tourist spots in northern Hyogo Prefecture.

Will you travel to places in another region than Kansai Region?
e.g.
Chugoku Region
: Hiroshima City and Miyajima Island in Hiroshima Prefecture.
Chubu Region
: Kanazawa City in Ishikawa Prefecture in Hokuriku sub-region; Shirakawa-go and Takayama City in Gifu Prefecture; Nagoya and Toyota Cities in Aichi Prefecture.
Chubu and Kanto Regions
: Areas around Mt. Fuji.
Kanto Region
: Tokyo Metropolis; Kamakura and Yokohama Cities in Kanagawa Prefecture.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread