Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shinjuku to Obaiba via Osaki? 2014/7/27 03:46
Hi

Me and my girlfriend will be visiting Obaiba on Saturday 9 August 2014.

I have done my research and know it is easier to go via Rinkai Line to Tokyo Teleport as people say it is direct.

I have been looking at this via Hyperdia.com and it says the following journey:

Shinjuku via Saikyo Line Local to Osaki and then the Rinkai Line to Tokyo Teleport.

Will this mean getting of one train and transferring to another as we were told it was one train and direct.

Sorry for asking this as the last time, we took the Yurikamome with a tour group.

Any help would be greatful.

Regards

Stephen
by Stephen (guest)  

Re: Shinjuku to Obaiba via Osaki? 2014/7/27 12:09
All trains along the Saikyo Line that depart from Shinjuku Station will go directly to Tokyo Teleport. However, there are typically only three trains per hour (more during rush hours). So, if you just miss one, it can be faster to take the Shonan Shinjuku Line or Yamanote Line from Shinjuku to Osaki and transfer to the Rinkai Line there (some trains on the Rinkai Line depart from Osaki).

Even for direct trains, Hyperdia will show both the Saikyo Line and Rinkai Line separately, but note the grey double arrow left to Osaki, which indicates that no transfer is necessary.

More about how to use Hyperdia:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2323.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Shinjuku to Obaiba via Osaki? 2014/7/27 13:03
You can choose either Shinjuku to Tokyo Teleport Station by a direct train service operated by JR Saikyo Line for 24 mins, 500 Yen(oneway, per person).

or, Shinjuku to Osaki by JR Yamanote Line, then switch to Rinkai Line to Tokyo Teleport, then walk to Odaiba, 500 Yen, 29 mins.

The direct Saikyo Line service is only available one in every 30 mins.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread