Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best but affordable Japanese Language School? 2014/7/28 15:12
I am interested in going to a Japanese language school, but I am wondering if anyone here went to one or knows someone that been to one, I found this site...

http://gogonihon.com/en/tokyo-japanese-language-schools-learn

That has a good list of them, and they all have good benefits but I am wondering if they are truly good...Or?

Thanks for the help!
by Melging  

Re: Best but affordable Japanese Language School? 2014/7/30 02:39
I've researched more, and I think I'm deciding between Yoshida Institute, ARC Shibuya, and Kansai College.

For Yoshida, if I want a lot of fun I'd go there (they go on a trip to Japan Disneyland)

For ARC, it has a Business class which can really help me out,

And If I want a Japanese Technical Associates Degree, I'd go to Kansai.

Decisions, decisions. And then of course I have to see price, etc

by Melging rate this post as useful

Re: Best but affordable Japanese Language School? 2014/7/30 04:16
I myself am going to a language school in Sapporo in a couple months, but I also did look into many schools, including the ones offered in GoGoNihon's website.

While I was still choosing a school, I e-mailed them and asked a few questions. You can also contact schools directly. I asked questions like the general age group of the students, intensity of the courses, ratio of the nationality of the students, etc.

Basically, you should go to a school that fits your needs.

From my research, they all seemed like legit schools (from GoGoNihon) and the tuition fees were similar between the schools. If you find a school with much cheaper tuition fee, I'd be wary.
by Raptors rate this post as useful

Re: Best but affordable Japanese Language School? 2014/7/30 04:30
There're all good, if they weren't nobody would go to them and they'd go out of business.

The only thing which should sway your decision is your personal preferences, take a look on each of the schools websites from the GoGoNihon page and others besides and find the one which matches your requirements the best. Then research some more. (location / transport / access to money / accommodation / job opportunities / ect

From what i've found study in Japan is very expensive especially if you want to go for 2 years and complicated at times. Make sure it's something you really want to do and make an action plan for your future.

Personally i'm still unsure which school i want to go to. I've been considering Kansai college of business and languages for some time but i think i can't decide till i've researched more.
by shammyxi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best but affordable Japanese Language School? 2014/7/30 09:50
Yeah, I am planning on going in 2016 since I will finish business and have that under my belt (at least 2 years of it) That's why it's so hard to decide between ARC Shibuya, and Kansai College (business wise), I think it would be good if I go to one of them since I'll have even more business under my belt with Japanese which will definitely help my chance of getting a job at a company I always dreamed of working for, If I decide I want to go to Uni after I finish the language school, I'd apply to a Japanese University (very happy that you have a better chance of getting in if you go to a JLS)

But yeah, I will definitely email them like you said, and I am even planning a small trip to Japan in 2015 so maybe I could go to the school and see it in person and talk with some people there.

Re: Best but affordable Japanese Language School? 2014/7/30 14:36
Yep, know that it will be very expensive to study and live in Japan so make sure to save up and/or have a way to borrow money.

P.S. I just noticed that GoGoNihon has added the school I applied to (JLI Sapporo)! That's where I'm headed.
by Raptors rate this post as useful

Re: Best but affordable Japanese Language School? 2014/7/31 02:23
Thanks, just went to look at that. They had Sapporo JLI on their website a while back for a day or two then removed it. I really like the look of that school.

As for the OP if you're focused on studying on the cheap then S JLI would be a good choice but you'll not get the associates degree. Fukuoka foreign language college offers a degree and the cost of living there would be noticeably cheaper than Tokyo/Osaka. But then Kansai offers the degree and the business related classes you're interested in but it'll cost a little more.

I have also been planning to go from 2016.
by shammyxi rate this post as useful

Re: Best but affordable Japanese Language School? 2014/7/31 06:26
Yeah, I also found a good site for Guest House and Homestay and the prices are good (will post here if anyone needs it) so I don't think I should worry too much about rent (especially since I will want to get a part time job in Japan while studying)

As for the new school they posted (JLI Sapporo), wow it is cheap! And I watched the video and the teachers seem really cool, and I like the fact that there doesn't seem to be a wall between the teachers and the students.

It doesn't have the business course that I want which means I likely won't attend JLI, however Sapporo seems really cool and I will defiantly go there to check out the Snow Festival which looks awesome!

reply to this thread