Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Haneda Airport - Hakone Yumoto 2014/7/28 15:29
Hi All

I have a question for traveling from Haneda Airport International Terminal 1 to Hakone-Yumoto station. I will arrive at 4pm and will travel directly to Hakone.

I have a few options based off my research, but I found that there's a cheaper bus option, by Keihin Kyuko or Hakone Odakyu Highway buses only have 2 buses daily, and the last bus leaves around 2pm from the airport. If that's the case, what's my fastest and cheapest method to reach Hakone?

Will it be the traditional -- Shinagawa-Odawara-hakone-yumoto? It seems to be kind of pricey.

by Phayne  

Re: Haneda Airport - Hakone Yumoto 2014/7/28 17:17
If you do not use the bullet train, then you should go to Yokohama by Keikyu line, instead of Shinagawa. Then go to Odawara aboard the JR Tokaido Line, you will transfer to the Hakone Tozan line at Odawara. Total cost is 1,760 yen.
http://www.hyperdia.com/en/cgi/en/search.html?dep_node=HANEDA%20AIRPOR...
by passby168 rate this post as useful

Re: Haneda Airport - Hakone Yumoto 2014/7/28 22:44
Don't suppose you have one of the JR passes that covers the Tokyo Monorail from HND to Shinagawa and then the Shinkansen to Odawara?
by CLLR rate this post as useful

Re: Haneda Airport - Hakone Yumoto 2014/7/29 10:17
Hi CLLR

No, I haven't gotten to buying any of the passes. I will not be traveling extensively for my trip, just within the area of Tokyo and the furthest I guess will be Nikko. I was looking at JR East pass but it doesn't seem to cover the area of Odawara.

I did consider the option of taking the Odakyu Romance Car from Shinjuku but it seems to be a detour to Shinjuku from the airport.

The bus option fits my route but there aren't any buses after I arrived. So I'm kind of stuck.
by Phayne rate this post as useful

Re: Haneda Airport - Hakone Yumoto 2014/7/29 10:57
I believe getting to Shinagawa - Odawara, or Yokohama - Odawara (as suggested by passby168) would be fine. From Odawara, you can get the "within Hakone" version of Hakone Free Pass, if you are traveling around Hakone the following day. I don't think it's pricey if you use the regular JR, not Shinkansen, between either Shinagara or Yokohama to Odawara.

I don't know what your plans are after that, but one thing you "could" consider is to stay in Shinjuku for the night, and travel on Odakyu early next morning. The reason I say that is if you are planning for a stay at a ryokan that evening, you might be somewhat late for their dinner time.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Haneda Airport - Hakone Yumoto 2014/7/29 11:36
Hi AK

The plans are to travel from Hakone to Gotemba Premium Outlets and then from GPO back to Tokyo.

I suppose no JR passes covers the Shinkansen section so my best option will be the normal JR route.

Thanks a lot !!
by Phayne rate this post as useful

reply to this thread