Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shinkansen tickets 2014/7/28 20:38
Can anyone help me. It is so urgent. I just realised that I have to buy shinkansen tickets, but my Flight schedule to Japan is tomorrown night. Indonesian time
Aug 29th, 2014
Anyone know which travel can provide e ticket shinkansen? or any other solutions?
thank you
by Grace (guest)  

Re: Shinkansen tickets 2014/7/29 08:21
you can't buy shinkansen tickets online as an e-ticket. you need to purchase them in japan.
by pas7680 rate this post as useful

Re: Shinkansen tickets 2014/7/29 08:21
You mean JULY 29, 2014, if you say tomorrow?

Please do not worry. If you need JR Shinkansen tickets, you can buy them after you arrive in Japan. Just go to JR counter.

Have a safe flight!
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Shinkansen tickets 2014/7/29 09:22
Thank you so much fo your reply. Do you know where I can buy JR tickets in Osaka? And is the price more expensive or just the same compare to if i buy outside Japan
by Grace (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shinkansen tickets 2014/7/29 09:26
The price is exactly the same everywhere for regular tickets, plus as said before you can't buy outside Japan. You can buy tickets at any station with a ticket office. If you arrive at Osaka, at the very same airport you can get your tickets.
by Aerond (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shinkansen tickets 2014/7/29 09:27
Are you arriving at Kansai airport in Osaka? There are JR ticket counter there at the airport.

Shinkansen tickets have standard prices in Japan, so if you buy it outside Japan through travel agency, it is likely to be more expensive because of their fees, though I don't know the prices in your country.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Shinkansen tickets 2014/7/29 09:43
Terrific! Thank you all for your responds. Will buy the tickets by the time i arrive in Osaka Airport
by Grace (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shinkansen tickets 2014/7/29 14:43
"Osaka Airport" usually refers to another airport in the same Kansai Region.

A ticket office in Kansai-airport Station of JR is open from 05:30 to 23:00 (Japan Standard Time).
Also Nankai Electric Railway has Kansai-airport Station. For Shinkansen tickets, please visit a JR Ticket Office.
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread