Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Solo travel October - first time 2014/7/28 23:01
Hi peeps

Am planning a 10 day travel to Japan (mainly Tokyo) and am travelling alone. wanted to see if anyone out there was heading on roughly the 10th -20th October.
Mainly want to see all the temples, gardens, Mt Fuji etc.
This is my first time travelling alone so hopefully if anyone is there at that time, would love to see what peoples sightseeing ideas are.

cheers
by melo (guest)  

Re: Solo travel October - first time 2014/7/29 09:00
Pretty wide range of options, so check out the travel section of this site and find what piques your interest!
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Solo travel October - first time 2014/7/29 09:37
I'll be there during those dates too. I'm into anime, electronics and gaming so I'll be going to Akihabara, Odaiba, Ikebukuro, Harajuku a lot.
by supermarshall (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Solo travel October - first time 2014/7/29 10:10
All my travels in Japan have been alone, except for one just in Tokyo with a friend for 9 days.

This year:
Tokyo, Kesennuma, Minamisanriku, Ishinomaki, Sendai (flight) Itami, Hiroshima, Miyajima, Okayama (flight) Haneda, Tokyo,Kamakura, Chiba.

Last Year: Tokyo (flight) Sapporo, Hakodate, Aomori, Towadako, Ichinoseki, Kesennuma, Ishinomaki, Sendai, Utsunomiya, Nagano, Matsumoto, Narai, Nagiso, Tsumago, Magome, Nakatsugawa, Osaka, Hiroshima, Kyoto, Tokyo, Kamakura, Mito, Tokyo.

Year before that: Tokyo, Ishinomaki, Omiya, Osaka, Hiroshima, Miyajima, Kure, Fukuoka, Osaka, Kyoto,Yokohama, Tokyo

Year before that: Tokyo, Nikko, Shizuoka, Nagahama, Kyoto, Tokyo

It's all about where you want to go and how long you want to stay there. Mine tend to be scouting trips. If I like a place I return the following year with more time.

Next year: Tokyo, Fukuoka, Kagoshima, Kumamoto, Nagasaki, Usa(?), Fukuoka, Hiroshima, Miyajima, Onomichi, Kure, Matsuyama, Takamatsu(?), Kobe, Osaka, Kyoto, Kanazawa, Kesennuma, Minamisanriku, Rikuzentakata, Ishinomaki, Hirosaki, Hakodate, Sapporo, Tokyo.

The Japan Rail Pass is my friend. I use it like it's going our of style and I always make it worthwhile; sometimes twice over.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread