Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mt. Fuji Ascent Style 2014/7/29 08:30
Hi All,

I am planning on climbing Mt. Fuji around Aug. 19th - 20th and would like to hear some feedback on the climb.

Right now, I am looking at starting the 19th and doing a overnight climb and taking rests at each station and make it to the summit for the sunrise. Do a fair number of climbers opt for this ascent style?

In addition, I could also try to reserve a hut and take a rest there before hiking up to the summit or just get an early start the next day and summit during the day.
by Jerry (guest)  

Re: Mt. Fuji Ascent Style 2014/7/30 12:31
5th sta to 6th sta takes approx 60-70 mins(moderate).
6th sta to 7th sta takes approx 60 mins(steep).
7th sta to 8th sta takes approx 100-120 mins(steeper).
8th sta to summit takes approx 100-120 mins(with no crowd)(steeper).

I don't think you can book a hut this time of the season(too late).

You can do night climbing but the most huts close at night. You can't use toilet(paid) and unable to purchase drinks. But some do.

If you want to see sunrise on the summit, you will take at least four hours climbing due to crowdedness.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Mt. Fuji Ascent Style 2014/7/30 12:51
You mean starting from the 5th station, staying (a little while) at the 8th station, right?
Correct. That would be the best plan to see the sunrise.

From the 8th station to the summit, you have to be prepared for a severe traffic jam of a bunch of climbers.
It is recommended to leave the 8th station at 23:30 pm or 0:00 am.
If your team only has a small number of people, you should overtake other big groups as possible as you can.
by Hiroshi75 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread