Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Pass 2014/7/30 23:07
Hi, will be hoping to use the pass based on the following.
Day 1 Fly in to Tokyo and take shinkansen to Fukuoka (JR Hakata)
Day 2 Fukuoka to Huis Ten Bosch
Day 3 Fukuoka to Nagasaki
Day 4 Fukuoka to Kagoshima
Day 5 Fukuoka to Kumamoto
Day 6 Fukuoka to Hiroshima
Day 7 Hiroshima to Tokyo

The place that I will be staying in Fukuoka requires me to change to Subway (Kuko Line)from JR Hakata and then get off at the Nakasu Kawabata station.

May I know if the JR pass covers the subway ride? Otherwise, will it be better for me to be based in other area instead of Fukuoka?
by miyu (guest)  

Re: your journey 2014/7/31 09:08
Have you confirmed that you cannot choose Fukuoka International Airport [FUK]?
Subway Fukuokakuko Station (beneath the airport), Hakata Station and Nakasu-Kawabata Station are on the same line and connected within 10 minutes or so.

May I know if the JR pass covers the subway ride?

A Japan Rail Pass is not valid on subway lines.
No JR company is operating any subway line.

How is your scheduled?
Will you fly into Narita International Airport [NRT] or Tokyo International Airport [HND, Haneda Airport]?

You might hope to fly from NRT / HND to FUK.
In order to reach Nakasu-Kawabata Station by 22:00 by rail with a Japan Rail Pass for all JR rides,
you should leave the JR station in your NRT terminal by 14:20 / the Keikyu station in HND by 15:14.
If your flight is scheduled at NRT Terminal 1 or 2 after 12:00 / at HND International Terminal after 13:00, you may miss the railroad connection.
- How to travel between Fukuoka and Tokyo
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4802.html
- Discount Air Tickets
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2364.html

A 7-day Japan Rail Pass is likely to pay off, regardless of whether you fly into NRT, HND or FUK, or of whether you travel to Fukuoka by rail or air.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Correction: typo 2014/7/31 09:10
NOT: How is your scheduled?
BUT: How is your flight scheduled?
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass 2014/7/31 10:01
Yes, a 7 day JR Pass will pay off for a Tokyo - Kyushu round trip!
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass 2014/7/31 21:23
Hi, I intend to take overnight flight so will reach around 6am ish. Didnt want to fly to fukuoka since I wish to tokyo too, so open jaw might be expensive
by miyu (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass 2014/7/31 22:11
If you go back to Fukuoka from each city every day, you need a lot of time to round-trip. Probably, I guess you do not want to carry luggage why you are based in Fukuoka. However, you will be able better to stay in each city to carry the luggage, to allow more time for sightseeing. The Itinerary that I recommend are as follows.
Day 1 Fly in to Tokyo and take shinkansen to Fukuoka (JR Hakata)
Day 2 Fukuoka Sightseeing
Day 3 Fukuoka - Huis Ten Bosch - Nagasaki
Day 4 Nagasaki - Kumamoto
Day 5 Kumamoto - Kagoshima
Day 6 Kagoshima - Hiroshima - Miyajima - Hiroshima
Day 7 Hirosima Sightseeing - Tokyo
by passby168 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread