Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Itinerary Advice for Kanto Area in November 2014/8/1 19:03
We are traveling to Japan from Nov 4th -9, we are a group of 6 with 3 elder around 60 something. We plan to stay in Kawaguchigo for 2 nights and Tokyo (Ikebukuro) for 3 nights.

Day 1(Tue) Arrived Narita early morning then catch Narita Express to Kawaguchiko. Enjoy onsen at our hotel

Day 2(Wed) Sighseeing tour around Kawaguchiko using R-Coupon which include unlimited Retro Bus ride, Round trip for Rope Way and the boat tour

Day 3(Thu) Head back to Tokyo, check in at Ikebukuro and then take a half day tour to Kamakura

Day 4(Fri) Visit Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building for Tokyo "Top
" view, Tsukuji Market for lunch then head to Asakusa, end the day at Tokyo Sky Tree

Day 5(Sat) Meji Shrine, Harajuku, Shibuya and shopping atAmeyoko

Day 6(Sun) Take Keisei Skyliner back to Narita

We plan to use JR Kanto Area Pass (3-day)+ R Coupon + Toei+Metro 2-day Pass

Any comments would be highly appreciated, thank you very much.
by RoNGRoNG (guest)  

Re: your journey 2014/8/1 23:07
The expanded service of Narita Express to Kawaguchiko Station of Fujikyuko [Fujikyu] will be available only temporarily until September 28, only concerning one shuttle a day on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.

Considering elderly travelers may well be tired just after arriving to Japan, I suppose you had better tour Tokyo on Days 1 and 2.
Kawaguchiko area may be crowded during the weekend, but you can allot two weekdays Days 3 and 4 to it even if you tour Tokyo first.

Your planned Tokyo trips partly sound inefficient.
Meiji Jingu Shrine, Harajuku area and Shibuya area are relatively located near each other, but Ameyoko is away from them, located closer to Asakusa area.
A possible solution is to visit TMG Building No. 1, Meiji Jingu Shrine, Harajuku and Shibuya on one day + Tsukiji Markets, Ameyoko, Asakusa area and Tokyo Skytree on another day.
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary Advice for Kanto Area in November 2014/8/2 20:51
Thanks for your input
by RoNGRoNG (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary Advice for Kanto Area in November 2014/8/2 23:08
Hi,

My friends used to have a travel with similar itinerary.
However, my friends didn't go to Kawaguchiko directly.
With previous comment, you have to transfer to other train line from Narita Express.
From Narita to Kawaguchiko is not near distance.

My friends basic itinerary:
Narita¨Tokyo¨MtFuji¨Kawaguchiko¨Narita

My friends refered the below itinerary.
http://visitjapaninfo.weebly.com/

You may find some related URL and idea from attached Excel itinerary.

November is best trip season in Kanto Area.
You will find maple viewing.
Have a nice trip!

by furanosummer rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary Advice for Kanto Area in November 2014/8/2 23:59
I find your itinerary quite inefficient as well. Here's how I'd arrange it:

Day 1: Ameyoko, Asakusa, SkyTree.
Day 2: TMG Building, Meiji, Harajuku, Shibuya
Day 3: Head to Kawaguchiko early. Tour & Onsen.
Day 4: Head back to Tokyo. Later Half of the day to include more unplanned activities.
Day 5: Breakfast at Tsukiji -much better going there for breakfast than lunch IMO- and Half day trip to Kamakura.
Day 6: Departure
by aerond rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary Advice for Kanto Area in November 2014/8/4 12:37
Thank you for all your informative reply, I noticed that my plan seems to be insufficient but for budget wise. Kanto Area Pass needs to be used for 3 consecutive days and it covers Kawaguchiko that's why I plan to use it on the first arrival day and head directly to stay there for 2 nights. Also the hotel we want to stay has only 2 nights available for 3 rooms on Nov 4th and 5th.

I forgot to mention that our flight to Japan is merely 6 hours so it wouldn't be that much tiring I suppose.
by RoNGRoNG (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread