Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 3: Posts 1 - 20 of 53

1 2 3
next

Registration of marriage in city hall 2014/8/1 19:16
Hi Every one - i need some information if any one can help me-- I go to Japan in 2013 where i can get marry with a fhilpino-I am a muslim and i get marry to her in mosque but at that time she didnot get annulment from his ist husband-i have one month and after that i come back to my country--now she will get annulment and we want to register our marriage in city hall - she is in Japan and i am in Pakistan how we can register our marriage in city hall can any one help us
by Haider (guest)  

Re: Registration of marriage in city hall 2014/8/1 20:12
Unfortunately, if she divorces now you will have to wait 6 months before she can get remarried. I know, it's an archaic and sexist law, but still on the books.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Registration of marriage in city hall 2014/8/12 00:01
lol..
yup, the man can remarry immediately but the woman has to wait 6 months.
by basketcase rate this post as useful

Re: Registration of marriage in city hall 2014/8/12 14:19
Thanks for the information.She is Fhilipina..i get marry to her in Japan while her annulment case is on the way-- She become muslim and then our religion allow us that we can get marry--so i get marry to her in mosque and shortly after that i come back to my country bcoz of my visa--and its 6 months already that the court decission is released...now i am in pakistan how we will register our marriage in city hall
by Haider (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Registration of marriage in city hall 2014/8/12 14:55
Are you talking about:
(1) Getting married in Japan according to Japanese law (I assume your Filipino wife-to-be is a resident in Japan),
or
(2) getting married under your country's law, and registering the marriage after-the-fact with Japanese authorities?

by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Registration of marriage in city hall 2014/8/12 19:35
Actually i know that its not allowed to get twice in Japan. the law of Japan not allow to do so-- but actually we are with each other since from very long and i am on visit visa one day we will go to the mosque where the scholar will say according to the law of muslims you are able to get marry and my gf say me why not we get marry bcoz i have few day remaining in my visa then i come back to my country?. we get marry there in the mosque .and we didnot register it in city hall but now her annulment paper is released now we want to register it city hall i think its fine --but is it possible we will register it in city hall or not?

Re: Registration of marriage in city hall 2014/8/12 19:55
I am not familiar with muslim marriage procedure.

- If the two of you have gotten married already in your home country, or in the Philippines (her home country), and you want to register that marriage after-the-fact with the Japanese authorities, that is possible.

- If the two of you have not gotten married yet, and want to get married according to Japanese laws, and if your Filipino lady is a resident in Japan, that is possible. But she needs to check with the Embassy of Philippines in Japan, and you need to check with the Embassy of your country in Japan, for what documents and procedures may be necessary at the city hall in Japan.

Re: Registration of marriage in city hall 2014/8/12 20:07
we get already married there in Japan but at that time her annulment case is not finished--and now her annulment case is done -- Our marriage is registered in my country Embassy in Japan but now the problem is Philppine embassy they are saying Register it in city hall ist then they will register our marriage in philppine embassy--- my wife is in Japan and i am in my coutry not in Japan how we will register in city hall and is it possible that she will register it in city hall

Re: Registration of marriage in city hall 2014/8/12 20:14
Still I am confused. You already got married in Japan, then that means it IS registed with city hall already (marriage according to Japanese marriage law).

If you are saying that you got married according to your country's law, and it is registered in your country's embassy in Japan, then you need to get a certificate from your embassy (or your wife needs to get that certificate from the embassy), and take it to her city hall and register after-the-fact.

If you are saying that you got married in Japan but at your mosque, that may not be recognized by Japanese law as valid marriage.

So please tell me clear if it is a religious marriage or legal marriage that you had already. In your culture it may be the same, but in Japan things may be different.

Re: Registration of marriage in city hall 2014/8/12 20:25
We got married in mosque and after that my wife send it to my country embassy.Then will send back marriage registration certificate to my wife we let us try on city hall that they will accept it or not.If not i think i will cll to philppine embassy in my country if i can register it in philppine embassy in my country..If after that my wife will apply for eligiblity for me immigration of japan will accept that or not bcoz our marriage contract is issues from the mosque of japan if i register it in philppine embaasy in my country is there any problem

Re: Registration of marriage in city hall 2014/8/12 21:55
Please ask your wife in Japan to ask the mosque in Japan whether or not Japanese city halls accept the mosque marriage certificate.

I am sorry but I cannot help you any further.

Re: Registration of marriage in city hall 2014/8/12 23:33
if you want to get married in Japan, both of you need to provide the certificates (¥ˆ÷—vŒ‹ï”õØ–¾‘,A Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage).
for a Philippine nationality:
http://tokyo.philembassy.net/consular-section/services/civil-registrat...
you may ask your country's city office to get your certificate in your country.

you can't register your marriage in Japan city office, which has done already.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Registration of marriage in city hall 2014/8/13 01:24
thanks to all let me see other wise the easy way is that that my wife will come to my country and get marry to me here here it will be the easy one

Re: Registration of marriage in city hall 2014/8/13 10:38
thanks to all let me see other wise the easy way is that that my wife will come to my country and get marry to me here here it will be the easy one

Yes, that is probably the only way to bypass the 6 month waiting period. Once you can provide a marriage certificate from either the Philippines or your own country you can apply for a spouse visa. Otherwise, if your legal marriage hinges on it being recognized in Japan, then you've got a 6 month wait before you can apply.

Re: Registration of marriage in city hall 2014/8/13 11:06
Yup thanks...But IF we have a certificate of marriage From the mosque of Japan and i will register it in the embassy of Philppine in my country Pakistan and also i will register it my country Nadra(office of registration of marriage)..is it fine and after that my wife is able to apply for eligibilty for me--or it mus that we should register it in Philppine embassy Japan

Re: Registration of marriage in city hall 2014/8/13 11:18
Yup thanks...But IF we have a certificate of marriage From the mosque of Japan and i will register it in the embassy of Philppine in my country Pakistan and also i will register it my country Nadra(office of registration of marriage)..

Not sure if that is possible since it isn't considered a legal marriage in Japan. But your country might recognize it.

is it fine and after that my wife is able to apply for eligibilty for me--or it mus that we should register it in Philppine embassy Japan

Good question. Actually, going over your details, I'm not sure if you can qualify for a spouse visa just yet, as your "wife" isn't legally able to remarry just yet in Japan. You should contact her local immigration office to see what they say.

Re: Registration of marriage in city hall 2014/8/13 11:21
we have a certificate of marriage From the mosque of Japan.
it means nothing under Japan law.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Registration of marriage in city hall 2014/8/13 12:06
well the court decission of annulment is released on 13 jan 2014.i think 06 month is complete already..and i think now there is no problem Japan will also accept our marriage if let suppose i will register it in my country marriage registration office and also i will register it in the embassy of Philppines in my country.After doing that my country and also in Philppine embassy my marriage will be register and i think Immigration of Japan will accept to bcoz we have a proof of our marriager and its also register in Pak and philppine embassy and local office here of marriage registration and also attested from frogin affairs office

Re: Registration of marriage in city hall 2014/8/13 12:17
well the court decission of annulment is released on 13 jan 2014.i think 06 month is complete already..

Oh, that changes almost everything.

and i think now there is no problem Japan will also accept our marriage if let suppose i will register it in my country marriage registration office and also i will register it in the embassy of Philppines in my country.

If you are in Japan then it's probably easiest to register it here first. Then you can just report it to the other countries if necessary. After that it's a simple process to apply for a spouse visa. Btw, what is your wife's status? The answers up to this point assume that she is a permanent resident, but I don't see if that was clarified anywhere.

After doing that my country and also in Philppine embassy my marriage will be register and i think Immigration of Japan will accept to bcoz we have a proof of our marriager and its also register in Pak and philppine embassy and local office here of marriage registration and also attested from frogin affairs office

If you register in Japan then immigration won't care if it's registered abroad.

Re: Registration of marriage in city hall 2014/8/13 12:27
My wife go to city hall today in the city hall she get the information from them and they will accept the certificate.but they say that you people didnot get marry here in city hall that why they will not issue us any thing from city hall but they say just translate the mosque marriage certificate
in Japanese to present it in immigration...but now the problem Philppine embassy Japan is not accepting that they want shomeisho from city hall......confused

Page 1 of 3: Posts 1 - 20 of 53

1 2 3
next

reply to this thread