Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Last Bus between Nikko and Chuzenjiko Onsen 2014/8/2 11:15
Can someone please tell me if I get to Nikko after 6pm on Monday (Aug/11) can I purchase the 2 day bus ticket from the Nikko JR train station and go directly to the Kegon Falls area? I can't find a bus schedule in English.

I am worried I am getting there too late...but can't get there any earlier. My hotel is a 2-minute walk from Chuzenji Onsen Bus Stop.
thanking you in advance
by perezp77  

Re: Last Bus between Nikko and Chuzenjiko Onsen 2014/8/2 15:03
Only two bus departures that get you to Chunzenji Lake after six:
JR Nikko station: 18:05 18:30
Tobu Nikko station: 18:08 18:33
Chuzenji Onsen (by the lake): 18:50 19:15

http://www.tobu-bus.com/pc/search/bs_tt.php?key=43003_11
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Last Bus between Nikko and Chuzenjiko Onsen 2014/8/2 15:43
Can someone please tell me if I get to Nikko after 6pm on Monday (Aug/11) can I purchase the 2 day bus ticket from the Nikko JR train station and go directly to the Kegon Falls area?

I think the ticket is only available at the Tobu train station, which is a short walk away.

The last bus from Nikko to Chuzenjiko leaves JR Nikko at 18:30 and Tobu Nikko at 18:33.

In the opposite direction, the last bus leaves Chuzenjiko at 19:55.

Timetable in Japanese:
http://www.tobu-bus.com/pc/area/pdf/nikko_timetable_201404.pdf
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Last Bus between Nikko and Chuzenjiko Onsen 2014/8/3 00:44
Great!!! It sounds like I might just make it with the train arriving in Nikko at 6:02pm.

I would like to store my suitcase in the lockers in the train station prior to getting on the bus.

I can't find a link to the Nikko JR station maps. I am assuming they have lockers.

Do you have access to map? I should be able to get to the locker, store by bag, and get to bus by 6:30pm. I realize I may not be able to purchase the 2 day pass but can I pay for the one way on the bus?
by perezp77 rate this post as useful

Re: Last Bus between Nikko and Chuzenjiko Onsen 2014/8/3 10:58
You don't need the suitcase for your stay overnight in Nikko at all? Any chance you could send your suitcase from your previous hotel to the one you will stay at after Nikko?

About lockers at JR Nikko station: I know there are some, but I cannot find a good station map right now.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Last Bus between Nikko and Chuzenjiko Onsen 2014/8/3 11:02
We are coming from Hachinohe and stopping at Nikko before going to Mt Fuji. We are traveling light, but want to see the falls and shrines the next day and don't want the added baggage.

I couldn't find the map either, however, have seen posts that there are lockers.

thanks!!!

Re: Last Bus between Nikko and Chuzenjiko Onsen 2014/8/3 21:17
Hello, you can buy the Chuzenji Onsen bus ticket for 2 days at JR Nikko Station or TOBU Nikko Station and you can also see some coin lockers at JR Nikko Station and TOBU Station but I'm sure TOBU Station has many lockers than JR station but if you take a bus from JR, first you can check lockers there and if you couldn't find it you can walk to Tobu station for 2 minutes and find a coin locker place by a rest room for men then you can take a bus from Tobu station. I think some staffs at stations speak some English and sure they do understand coin lockers!
So please ask them where the coin lockers are! But please do not miss the last bus to Chuzenji! It takes about for 45 min to get there.
by Kitty Sugar (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Last Bus between Nikko and Chuzenjiko Onsen 2014/8/3 21:59
Thanks for your words of encouragement!

I don't want to miss that bus.

Japan here we come.

Re: Last Bus between Nikko and Chuzenjiko Onsen 2014/8/3 22:34
JR and TOBU Nikko stations are not big stations so I think you can buy the bus ticket but if you don't have much time, you can pay one way on the bus when you get off but the Chuzenji onsen pass is totally 300 yen saving!so hope you can buy it and you will have a wonderful time in Nikko!

Re: Last Bus between Nikko and Chuzenjiko Onsen 2014/8/3 23:05
P.S. You will stay at a hotel around Chuzenji area, right? It takes about only 5 minutes walk from Chuzenji Onsen bus stop to Kegon waterfall so you can see the waterfall next day, in the morning and come back to the shrine area: Nishisando bus stop. Please get off there and walk to to the shrines about 10 minutes!
When you buy the Chuzenji Onsen bus ticket, please ask a staff at the station if they have a map on Nikko. Chizu ga arimasuka?means do you have a map?
Please try it!

Re: Last Bus between Nikko and Chuzenjiko Onsen 2014/8/4 00:48
Yes my small hotel is a few minutes from bus stop. The additional information was very helpful. ‚ ‚肪‚Æ‚¤ Arigatō

When we leave Nikko we are headed straight to Kawaguchiko to see Mt. Fuji.

Do you have any words of wisdom on this?

Kind regards

Re: Last Bus between Nikko and Chuzenjiko Onsen 2014/8/4 07:57
Do you have JR Pass? If you do, you can take JR trains as much as you can and I found a site here so please put Nikko-Kawaguchi!
http://www.hyperdia.com/en/
Or you can ask a train staff at JR NIKKO how to get to Kawaguchi.
Nikko kara Kawaguchi knee ikitai desu.means I want to go to Kawaguchi.

Re: Last Bus between Nikko and Chuzenjiko Onsen 2014/8/4 09:32
Yes I have JR East Pass and am using it very efficiently.

thanks again for all the guidance and support, not to mention the Japanese lesson.

Tomorrow is my big day and I am so excited.

Peace and blessings to you...

Re: Last Bus between Nikko and Chuzenjiko Onsen 2014/8/4 22:22
Hi, hope you will have a wonderful time in Japan! I'm sure you will.

Re: Last Bus between Nikko and Chuzenjiko Onsen 2014/8/25 01:26
Hi, how much does the bus cost from Nikko station to the national park (Chuzenjiko Lake Area)? The free passes seem to include return ticket from asakusa, which I wont want to use since I have my JR pass. Is it still worthwhile to buy them? Pls can someone advise me?
by lynn (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Last Bus between Nikko and Chuzenjiko Onsen 2014/8/25 01:57
I bought a 2 day pass for 2,000 yen right at the station. You can use it to get on and off the bus at the different stops. We took it all the way up to get to the lake / falls area and then on the next day we stopped and got off by the Nikko National Park to see the sites. Then got back on to go to the train station.

reply to this thread