Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

subway operation 2014/8/3 14:25
time subway start operation and underground pathway to to the bus expressway depot(to kawaguchigo station) open at shinjuku station?
by dylainzaghi  

Re: subway operation 2014/8/3 15:41
Subways in Tokyo start running from 5am:
http://www.hyperdia.com/

The underground pathway to the bus terminal at Shinjuku is always open. Alternatively, you could also reach it by walking above ground.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: subway operation 2014/8/3 16:01
The underground passway is closed between 1:00 and 4:30 due to security reasons. The ground passway is always open(unable to close).
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Subway to Shinhuku Highway Bus Terminal 2014/8/3 21:24
Exit A15 Shinjuku Station of Tokyo Metro (Marunouchi Line), which is a gateway to one of the underground pathways, is closed from 23:00 to 06:00.

You can walk from Shinjuku Station of Tokyo Metro / of Toei subway by a ground pathway.

Which area will you start from? Which subway line do you plan to take?
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: subway operation 2014/8/3 21:48
From jr shinjuku station I was told to take from keio line ticket gate from central east ticket gate. Walk dow to hallway following the signpost toward central west exit, then walk toward keio shinjuku station. The take upstair to ground level to yodobashi camera store
by dylainzaghi rate this post as useful

Re: subway operation 2014/8/3 23:11
You seem to confuse things. How will you arrive to Shinjuku Station? Because you write "JR Station" but then "to take from keio line ticket gate from central east ticket gate".

That to me does not make sense for two reasons. First, bus terminal for highway buses which is across from Yodobashi camera is on the WEST side. Moreover, Keio Line and JR are two different stations although they are in the same building. As I actually did exactly what you describe several times:

- If you arrive by JR lines, such as Yamanote line, Chuo Line etc., you will need to take "Central West Exit" which is very small (only 3 gates) and is next to much bigger entrances to Keio Lines and Odakyu Lines. When facing them, the set on the very right is Central West Exit which leads to the main underground plaza from which you can get up to street level towards Yodobashi Camera.

- If you arrive via Keio Line, then you will get out using the main exit (unfortunately, I don't know the exact name but it's facing south) which is closer to Yodobashi than the above described JR exit because Keio lines tracks are west of the JR lines tracks. I'm also not sure if there is any "west exit" from Keio but if not, it's actually easier - you simply get out the south way, after about 50 metres turn right and continue all the way for about another 100 meters where you hit the wall and have to get up either left or right to the street level.

PS: now re-reading your post, you ask about subway. You can either arrive by Oedo Line or by Marunouchi Line. Since both stations are on different sides of Shinjuku Station, it's again completely different set of instructions... But then the "central east exit" and "keio line" you mention are even more confusing because you don't need any of that at all... Perhaps it's better if you rephrase your question and ask what time do you need to be at the bus terminal and from where are you coming.
by just a guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: subway operation 2014/8/4 01:17
If i use tokyo metro(maronouchi line), can someone guide me to to that camera store?
by dylainzaghi rate this post as useful

Re: subway operation 2014/8/4 01:53
Dude, do you really need step-by-step directions?
Here: http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3011.html
Basic guide to get to Yodobashi Shinjuku.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: subway operation 2014/8/4 05:43
When, what time, and where you exactly want to go?
From Tokyo Metro Shinjuku Station to Yodobashi Camera head store?
The underground pathway is normally closed at night, then it won't open until sunrise.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Marunouchi Line to Shinjuku Highway Bus Terminal 2014/8/4 17:42
1. You can get off a Marunouchi Line train from Car No. 1 in Shinjuku Station.
2. Go up the staircase to the west concourse.
3. Turn left, then pass through the exit gate of Tokyo Metro.
4. Walk for a while, then go up the staircase of Exit A12.
5. Pass by West Gate of JR (on your left), then turn right.
6. You can follow the route which is shown as a yellow-green line (with arrows) in the first map in this webpage.
http://www.highwaybus.com/html/gp/info/10/shinjuku_bt/map.html
: West Gate of JR is indicated near the upper right corner of the first map.
7. Going up No. 7 staircase to the ground, you find Shinjuku Highway Bus Terminal.
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread