Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Path from Kiyomizudera to Yasaka Shrine? 2014/8/4 11:00
I read on these forums there is a path from Kiyomizudera to Yasaka Shrine. Where do I find the path? Are there signs? (in English?) The google link posted by Uji is great, but it does not give names of streets etc. Also, the google map says 16 minutes, I would not want to walk that fast, but is that accurate?
One other question, when getting of the bus at various stations, will there be signs pointing to the directions of the temples that are nearby?
Thank you all for the great information!
by Kathy (guest)  

Re: Path from Kiyomizudera to Yasaka Shrine? 2014/8/4 11:24
It's not so much a path as it is the preserved historic district that lies between the two sights. There are signs pointing out where to go and the temples along the way, but otherwise it's easy enough to just follow all of the other people that will be checking it out too. It can be sped through in 15 minutes but the typical person takes more like 30 minutes to casually stroll through end to end if they don't stop. There's more info here:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3959.html
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Path from Kiyomizudera to Yasaka Shrine? 2014/8/4 13:13
Thank you yllsmrf !! I was going crazy trying to find that information. You were a great help!
by Kathy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Path from Kiyomizudera to Yasaka Shrine? 2014/8/4 13:24
The map on that link is great, but the easy way to find it is that as you come down the hill from Kiyomizudera, you will be in a market type street with heaps of people and shops. The stairs are the first exit on your right as you go down. If you come down as far as the bus/taxi parking area, you've gone too far.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Path from Kiyomizudera to Yasaka Shrine? 2014/8/5 04:30
Lazy Pious, Thank you for that information! I get so stressed about not finding my way, every bit of advice is greatly appreciated!
Thank you.
by Kathy (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread