Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

yokoso osaka ticket purchase problem 2014/8/4 15:32
Hi All,

id like to buy the yokoso ticket from nankai railways' website. but the problem is that some of my friends has three words in their passport. I've tried to type two words of their name in the first name column and the third name in the last name column. however, it seems that the system cant accept any spaces but the system requires us to write our names exactly like in our passports.

n addition, the website is using english so i can write our name in alphabet so the conversion to katakana or hiragana is not necessary. Also the system requires half-width characters which i have wrote it in half-width but the system cant read the spaces as a half-width character

So anyone has any experience? should i write just the first and third word or i can combine first and second word as one?

Thanks
by komtugeder (guest)  

Re: yokoso osaka ticket purchase problem 2014/8/4 19:08
I have tried third name about what can be entered in the web page. Indeed, as you said, the error is displayed when I enter the third name after the space. One of the solutions for your friends, is to continuously input the first and third name in the column of fast name, no spaces.
I think in my opinion, it's a common problem in people with a third name that uses the web site of Japan. Since many Japanese do not have a third name, some web forms in Japan are no column to enter a middle name, even as is a display of English.
by passby168 rate this post as useful

Re: yokoso osaka ticket purchase problem 2014/8/4 19:46
Hey thanks for reply,

Therefore i just need to write our first name and last name then without any middle name? Or anyone has another suggestion? The thing is that name input should be complied with our passport, which is grinding our gears lol

by komtugeder (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: yokoso osaka ticket purchase problem 2014/8/4 20:27
Maybe, I guess there is no problem even if you enter into the form without a middle name.
by passby168 rate this post as useful

Re: yokoso osaka ticket purchase problem 2014/8/4 22:37
It seems that the system does not accept even a hyphen as a part of the applicantfs name....

but the system requires us to write our names exactly like in our passports.

Are you really required so? I cannot find such a requirement indicated explicitly around the web application form.

Anyway, it is not your fault that you cannot inform them (= Nankai Electric Railway and Nankai Travel International) of a middle name; it is because the existence of middle names are forgotten in the web application form.
So, I suppose you can omit a middle name here as long as the applicant can be distinguished by other personal data.

P. S.:
An e-mail address of Nankai Travel International is indicated near the bottom of this webpage.
http://www1.nanka-e-tabi.com/NEREN/ItemDetail.aspx?tc=IB4AOSYOKOSO&sk=...
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: yokoso osaka ticket purchase problem 2014/8/4 23:03
Thanks for your reply once again!

I had sent an email to them yesterday but i havent got any reply, i gueas ill wait until they happen to reply my email :D

Regarding to the name requirement, as seen on this link (http://s349.photobucket.com/user/komtugeder/media/Mobile%20Uploads/photo.jpg.html) it is stated that name entered have to be exactly the same with passport, it doesnt show at the first form which is for the representative.

So which one is the best do you think, input just our first name without any middle name or first and middle name in one column without space?

Thanks once again :D
by komtugeder (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread