Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hiroshima to Iwakuni & Miyajima - best way? 2014/8/6 19:59
My travel company have suggested taking a day out to both Iwakuni and miyajima whilst I'm in Hiroshima for a few days in November.

They will send me a travel pack just before I leave on how to do this... but I am away in NZ when they'll send it me, then it's not long before I jet off to japan after I get back from NZ- I might not have time to take it all in. I would like to get a head start and look into it myself.

Can anyone please tell me the best way to do this? Which place is best to visit first? How long can I expect the journeys to be?

It'll be on Sunday 16th November. Possibly Saturday 15th. Either one it's not a big deal

If it makes any difference, I have a JR pass that covers all JR lines - whether that will come in handy or not I don't know. Thanks people
by eddyf100  

Re: Hiroshima to Iwakuni & Miyajima - best way? 2014/8/6 23:10
In all honesty, since you're apparently paying a travel company to arrange things for you, this is the sort of thing that you should ask them to help with so you're getting what you paid for!

But anyway, you can do both in a day although you would struggle if you wanted to go to the top of Mt Misen on Miyajima too. If you leave that out, I'd go from Hiroshima to Miyajimaguchi on the JR train, then take the JR ferry to Miyajima using your RP.

Spend the morning exploring around Itsukushima shrine and the town then take the ferry back to Miyajimaguchi and then the train to Iwakuni for the afternoon's sightseeing.

Which travel company did you use, btw?
by Saru Bob (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hiroshima to Iwakuni & Miyajima - best way? 2014/8/7 03:12
Thanks for your suggestions.

I'm going with a company called audley travel. So for they've been great and helped me with everything I've asked of them.

this is purely curiosity and I knew someone would reply quickly!
by eddyf100 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread