Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mt. Fuji post office 2014/8/7 07:24
So I'll arrive to Japan on 24 aug. The post office on Mt.Fuji is closing the same day. We will climb Mt. Fuji later that weekend. I would like to know if you can buy stamps or send them any other way? My relative is a stamp collector and it would be great if I could send him a postcard with the stamp.
by poseidonhut (guest)  

Re: Mt. Fuji post office 2014/8/7 12:05
Mt Fuji post office is closed on 24 August 2014 for the season. However Mt Fuji 5th station kani-post office(consignment post office) is opened through out the year so you can post it there. The postmark on stamp is designed Mt Fuji.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Mt. Fuji post office 2014/8/21 23:42
Thank you for your answer. I have another question. I looked at the weather forecast and it says it will rain (I looked on different sites)and now I don't know if it is worth the try or not.
by poseidonhut (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mt. Fuji post office 2014/8/22 00:12
It's still an experience, just make sure you are *totally* waterproof with good gear. I made the mistake of climbing in just a raincoat and jeans from the base of Fuji with a forecast of 'light rain' overnight that turned into a horizontal waterfall past the 8th station, everything was soaked through and freezing, even my backpack. Had to come back again another day, so close to the summit too.

Lesson learned: Even a forecast of light rain is not a simple thing at 3,000m+. Come prepared.
by TheTripod rate this post as useful

reply to this thread