Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Good onsens on the way from Osaka to Tokyo? 2014/8/7 21:21
My first travel Plan for my 14 days in Japan:
First 3 Days in Tokio
6 Days in Osaka to visit Osaka, Nara and Kyota
So I have around 5 days to travel back to Tokio. On the way I want to visit Nikko and in the northern alps Okuhida to go to a onsen or to Shirahone Onsen. I have only the Japan Rail Pass. But I couldnft found a connection to Okuhida. Is there another place on my way where good onsens are? I already looked up the onsens on this page, but didnft found anything else. Can anybody help me?

Regards
by murdock90  

Re: Good onsens on the way from Osaka to Tokyo? 2014/8/8 08:36

Takayama is good, Kamikouchi has onsens too (stayed at the Onsen Hotel there, two thumbs up!). Hakone, of course. Enoshima was great for an onsen at Iwa Motoro Honkan (100 year old roman baths in the ryokan). Or go across to Kanazawa, there are onsens there (Hotel Hakuchoro has a good onsen). There is a big onsen resort at Nagiso near Tsumago (Hotel Kisoji). The onsens there are good.

My favourite would be the Onsen Hotel at Kamikouchi, though I'd go to all of them again, and probably will.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Good onsens on the way from Osaka to Tokyo? 2014/8/8 09:02
BTW, Nikko is to the north of Tokyo, so that's a place you can go after you reach Tokyo.

You could try Hakone (you can get off Shinkansen at Odawara to get there) if you want some place between Osaka and Tokyo.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Good onsens on the way from Osaka to Tokyo? 2014/8/8 17:57
Thanks a lot for your help! I think I try out the Takaragawa Onsen in Minakami, because I love outdoor baths, especially in the pure nature.

I still have a practical problem: Where can I look up how I get from one place to an other by train? Is there a page or a app in egnlish where all train and bus connections are? I try to look up every concetions before my travel, but of course plans might change;)

Regards
by murdock90 rate this post as useful

Re: Good onsens on the way from Osaka to Tokyo? 2014/8/11 01:32
I would also consider Atami, which has a Shinkansen station. It is a hot springs beach resort town. Depending on the day of travel you might be able to see the fireworks in the harbor. The Resort that I stayed at, had a dock area with steps to
sit on reserved for hotel guests to view the fireworks, when I went there on Ocean's Day earlier this year. There is enough things to do and see for a day or two at this beach resort.

This is an older link, but it give you an idea of what things there are to do in Atami. You will get an idea from previous dates when the firework occur:

http://www.atamispa.com/atami_ex/english/sightseeing/index.htm

I hope this helps.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: Good onsens on the way from Osaka to Tokyo? 2014/8/11 04:17
Okuhida onsen is accessible via bus from Takayama.
by Winter Visitor (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread