Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone as bas for daytrips in the area 2014/8/7 23:32
Hi,

I will be travelling to the Hakone area in mid November. I'd like to visit the Five Lakes region and Ito area.
I will have a total of 4 nights/4 days(leaving early in the morning on the last day).

Is Hakone a good base for daytrips to these places or should I book a night at each place? I prefer not to because of the luggage, I want to travel 'lightly' with a small bag. Is there a place to lock a big backpack(65 liters) in Hakone if I do decide to book a night at each place?

Please help, I'm a first timer in Japan and very excited about it :)

Thanks!
by annafar  

Re: Hakone as bas for daytrips in the area 2014/8/8 09:00
I would book a hotel in each city. While those areas are close in terms of distance, getting between those three places are not that easy. Also considering that things close pretty early in Hakone, getting back there in the evening for dinner may not be the best idea.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone as bas for daytrips in the area 2014/8/8 14:23
Thanks for the answer!

Is it a problem to travel from Hakone to Fujigoko or from Hakone to Ito with a big big backpack?
Is there some place in Hakone where I can leave lock the bag during traveling between the areas?
by annafar rate this post as useful

reply to this thread