Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo Subway 3 day pass 2014/8/8 14:15
Hi, I'll be visiting Tokyo for 5 days 4 nights after Shizuoka and Nagoya, so I thought it'll be a good idea to get the subway pass, but since I'll be there for 5 days, I wonder do they limit the number of passes each person can buy? Because I might get a 3 day pass plus a 1 day pass or something like that.

Or would it be better (cheaper) if I simply get a PASMO or SUICA card?

Thanks for the feedback :D
by Kyla (guest)  

Re: Tokyo Subway 3 day pass 2014/8/8 20:19
No limit.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Subway 3 day pass 2014/8/8 20:22
Get a SUICA. It won't save you any money, but it can be used in all rail transport in Tokyo, whereas the subway 3-day pass won't pay off unless you take many trips on them (not suggested) and they only work on Tokyo Metro, not Toei, Keio, JR, etc.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Subway 3 day pass 2014/8/9 00:54
The Tokyo Subway Ticket 3-day pass is good on both Metro and Toei lines. Of all the day passes, it is the best value. However, it is a nuisance to buy (you have to get it at the airport). And it only covers the subway, not JR or any other trains.

It's really not all that hard to get your money's worth out of the Tokyo Subway Ticket (especially if you are really able to use the three-day version for three solid days), but there's no point in buying one unless you know you will.
by Uma (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Subway 3 day pass 2014/8/9 11:18
Thanks so much for the advices! I've got the idea now :)
by Kyla (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread