Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

One Day Trip to Hakodate from Sapporo 2014/8/11 16:38
Hi there,

I'll be staying at Sapporo for 5 days 4 nights and i'm planning to buy the 3 days consecutive Hokkaido Rail Pass.

I'm thinking of doing a one day trip to Hakodate and back to Sapporo at the same day.
I was just wondering is it a good idea to do it or it is just too rush to do so?

My planned itinerary during the 3 consecutive days will be
Day 1 - Day trip to Asahikawa
Day 2 - Day trip to Otaru
Day 3 - Day trip to Hakodate

Will appreciate if there is a better idea for me to utilize the Hokkaido Rail Pass.

by steventanz  

Re: One Day Trip to Hakodate from Sapporo 2014/8/11 18:10
Sapporo to Hakodate is 3 hours and a half by train, so not a very good idea as you'll spend the whole day in the train, it's a better idea if you book a night in Hakodate and split your Sapporo visit in two or fly out of Hakodate at the end of your Hokaido trip.
by aerond (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: One Day Trip to Hakodate from Sapporo 2014/8/11 18:22
Thanks aerond.

Kind of agree with your reason too. Unfortunately I had grabbed a non refundable cheap hotel promotion in sapporo so i am not able to change my accommodation. Hakodate is just one of my plan currently, if it is too rush, i will have to forgo this place for this time.

Maybe if anyone have ideas to replace my Hakodate plan?

Appreciate your ideas since this is my first time going to Hokkaido.

P/S: i will be going there during winter festival next year actually
by steventanz rate this post as useful

Re: One Day Trip to Hakodate from Sapporo 2014/8/11 18:44
First train from Sapporo to Hakodate is at 06:36, arriving 10:14.

Last train leaving Hakodate at 19:14, arriving Sapporo at 22:58.

So you have approximately 9 hours in Hakodate. Should be ok. You might not be able to make it for night view at Hakodate, but given it's winter time, might still have a chance, but have to time it carefully.
by Feiniao rate this post as useful

Re: One Day Trip to Hakodate from Sapporo 2014/8/12 11:27
Thanks Feiniao!

Yeah could be a good suggestion too :)
by steventanz rate this post as useful

reply to this thread