Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone half day trip 2014/8/11 20:41
Hi my partner and I would like to see mt fuji and go to hakone on September 11th 2014.

We will be staying over in Tokyo September 10th and then on the 11th have booked a ryokan in kyoto so we want to know the best itinerary to spend half a day side trip in hakone before arriving in kyoto for 5:30pm (dinner at ryokan is at 07:00pm), we will have a JR pass activated from the 11th but don't mind paying extra for private railways etc. If anyone coule help with the best route it would be greatly appreciated.
by Rinupanu  

Re: Hakone half day trip 2014/8/12 10:18
Look up Hakone in the travel section and / or use Hyperdia for route options.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone half day trip 2014/8/12 12:09
You will be very pressed for time in Hakone as you will need to leave at around 1.30 pm to make it to Kyoto by 5.30 (check hyperdia.com.en, remembering to untick "Nozomi/etc. to get the shinkansen you can use with the JR pass). Your JR pass will cover the trip up until Odawara, where you will need to take the Odakyu line to Hakone-Yumoto. You definitely won't have time for the traditional round course at Hakone, so I suggest you look at the link below to find a couple of things you'd like to see and plan your morning around them:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5200.html
Note that most attractions do not open until 9.00 am. To get to Hakone-Yumoto by then you will need to leave Tokyo at around 7.30am, depending on where you are staying (again, check Hyperdia). Seeing Mt. Fuji from Hakone is not guaranteed, and is usually only in the early morning.
by squishybabe rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone half day trip 2014/8/27 22:56
Hi Squishybabe,

When you say it can only be viewed early in the morning, how early?

instead of going on this date would you guys recommend visiting Hakone on the way back to Tokyo when I come back on the 18th?

Thanks for replies
by Rinupanu rate this post as useful

reply to this thread