Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Internet​ SIM 2014/8/11 23:47
Hi folks
Does anybody know where I can pick up an internet SIM here in Kyoto over the counter.

The The B Mobile visitor SIM is only available by ordering through their website and delivered to a hotel, which is no good for me as I'm only going to be here a day and there's 2 day delivery...
Thanks
by Kolsie (guest)  

Re: Internet​ SIM 2014/8/12 12:34
Try the Yodobashi Camera behind Kyoto Tower. They should sell the regular B-mobile data sims and should also be able to help you set it up and register it. Note that the prices and options are slightly different than the visitor sims.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Internet​ SIM 2014/8/12 15:33
Are you a tourist coming for a trip to Japan?
You do have the option to pick up the bmobile in the airport post office for a fee on the day you land at the airport.
by steventanz rate this post as useful

Re: Internet​ SIM 2014/8/13 00:14
Thanks for your responses.
The circumstances are that I arrived in Osaka late Sunday night after my flight was delayed 24hrs because of the typhoon. I planned on being in Osaka a full day so I could get a SIM card before I cycled to Kyoto on the Monday. It was difficult to navigate to Kyoto because my GPS uses the Internet to download maps as I travel to different areas. I got to Kyoto last night and ask the question on this forum regards buying a SIM over the counter.
Today, I managed to buy a B Mobile 1GB sim that lasts a month from Bic Camera next to Kyoto station. It cost me 3,574, I was told I would need to register my credit card details when I called the activation phone line and they would deduct an additional fee of about 2,500 because I am not Japanese. In the event, the receptionist at my hotel simply activated the SIM for me as a Japanese user and it works fine in my phone. I am now able to navigate my way to Gifu tomorrow, Wednesday 13/08. I hope it doesn't rain.
Thank you all.
by Kolsie (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Internet​ SIM 2014/8/13 10:29
Yea, in the future consider ordering in advance so that it's waiting for you either at the airport or at your hotel. That's much easier and cheaper than looking for them around town, as they are not really sold at many B&M stores.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread