Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Zao snow in late December in Christmas 2014/8/12 03:13
Hi, I am planning a snowboarding trip to Zao in December. I understand the season starts early Dec. Will the slopes have nice snow say from third week Dec? I know a lot depends on the weather but I researched and there were about 100cm of snow that time last year... Though I can't tell if that is considered good snow level. Please advise. I also plan to stay over Christmas. Are the ski ropeways and restaurants etc in operation then? Thank you.
by Eva (guest)  

Re: Zao snow in late December in Christmas 2014/8/12 17:42
I think the sky resorts will be opened by the third week of December. The weather of God only knows that. The official opening ceremony will be held on 7th or 8th Dec but sometimes ski resorts are closed after the ceremony due to lack of snow. The Xmas day will be opened as usual(8:30-17:00, 17:00-21:00, you need a night skiing pass).
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Zao snow in late December in Christmas 2014/8/12 17:57
In a typical year, Zao should be good by late December. I'm not sure where you got your numbers, but if 100cm is the base depth then that should mean good snowboarding.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread